Monday, August 30, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
Hot Hot Hot
Everything else is good on the home front. I am super excited for fall and all it entails. Here is an overview of what we have on the horizon for the next few months.
1) Tyson and Jace both attending Mother's Day Out on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week.
2) Me working a lot more once they go back to school. I hope to work the days they are in school and then Mon-Thurs afternoons as well. I am splitting my time between the church counseling center and going to visit kids in their homes. I will continue to do adoption home studies on the side as they come up.
3) Silas is getting super involved at church. He is now singing on the praise team several weeks each month. He is also helping out with the men's ministry and may be doing some fun drama for the kids on Wed nights. He is serving on a Tres Dias weekend in October as well.
4) I have big plans for my running for the fall, with a list of races I would like to enter over the next few months. I hope to run at least one or two a month if it all works out. My next one is a 5k this weekend on Saturday morning. I am excited!!! I am also going to take the plunge into the world of cycling with hopes of competing in my first sprint triathlon next year. Wow!! I am pumped about this and overwhelmed too. There is so much to do and learn to be able to compete in three events. Silas is an awesome and supportive husband and coach:) He is really encouraging to me in all of this, and I am so thankful for him. So I am getting a new road bike soon (they are being shipped in September) and gearing up to start doing some serious cross training this fall. I am continually thankful for my friend Amy who I run with. I am so thankful we moved into this house and she lives right down the street where we can walk out of our door and run together. It has really changed my life over the past year and I am really excited to see what else we can accomplish together!
5) FOOTBALL season!!! enough said:)
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Monday, August 09, 2010
Facts From the Fitness Front
A picture of me and my boys after I finished the race. Tyson was so excited to see me run, since he knows I "go running," but doesn't really know what that means!! It was so precious to see him jumping up and down on the side of the road waving when I ran by. I am so thankful to have such a supportive family as I work hard at this new part of my life. So here are the stats. Since I started walking in February I have lost 29.2 pounds! I am currently 20 pounds lighter than the day I got pregnant with Tyson!!! I am about 12 pounds less than when I got pregnant with Jace. I am wearing clothes I haven't fit into since the first year or so after we got married, which was over 8 years ago, and two kids!! Needless to say I am pretty happy with the results, and hoping to keep it up. I don't really care how much I lose at this point, just wanting to get in better shape and start placing in some races. I really enjoyed the race and have a long list of events I am hoping to participate in between now and the end of the year:)