/> SLO in Arkansas: Doll Baby

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Doll Baby

 I seriously cannot put into words how much I adore this baby boy.  I am just wrapped around his little finger, and honestly I am enjoying spoiling him rotten:)  I am such a different mom than I was with my firstborn, and second for that matter.  I think age along with experience have helped me to realize just how fleeting these infant days are, and how to truly soak up the moments while they are little babies.  He is already growing up so fast and some days my heart hurts just knowing the months are already flying by.  Can you tell I am still a bit emotional/hormonal too?!?!
 Precious baby is already 10 weeks old!!  He is so laid back and a happy and smiley little guy.  He always looks so serious in his pictures but I guess the camera is just too slow to catch those smiles I see all the time:)  I have had the best time staying at home with him these past 2 months. We get the big boys off to school and then settle in for our nice quiet days together at home.  That gives us plenty of time for snuggling, rocking, cooing and eating together.  We have a great routine down already.  He is very flexible though and we just go with the flow when extra activities with the big boys come up and we have to be on the go.  Silas and I have a regular lunch date on Tuesdays and he loves to go with us:)  We are regulars at the restaurant, so the waitresses always have to come check him out and see how much he has grown since the week before!  He gets a lot of attention with those big blue eyes!!
 We still have not had any jealousy issues at all from either Tyson or Jace.  They both think Knox hung the moon and that every single smile, burp, dirty diaper, or coo is the cutest thing he has ever done:)  They are so sweet to him and only fight over who gets to hold him or get upset when he is still napping when they get home from school and can't play with him right away.  The first question out of their mouths every time I see them is, "Where is the baby??" I wish I could just slow time down a bit and keep him little a bit longer, but he is growing and changing so much.  My heart is so full with this house full of boys.  There were so many things and phases that I wished away with the big boys, or things I really just don't even remember.  I am so thankful to have one more time around with a precious little one so I can finally savor the moments of "baby ness."  There are many, many days where I realize how many hours I spent sitting in my big brown chair, rocking and loving on this little guy, and instead of being upset that I didn't get "anything done," I can honestly say there is nothing else I would rather have done.  Life is so hectic and chaotic at times with 3 boys in the house, and I cherish the blessing God has given me of time at home alone with this baby just to rock:)
 
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home