/> SLO in Arkansas: Hot Hot Hot

Monday, August 16, 2010

Hot Hot Hot

My goodness it is hot! I love sunshine and we have had plenty of it for sure the past few weeks. Many days over 100 plus the lovely high humidity to add 10 or 15 degrees to the heat index. It hasn't slowed down my running though, thank goodness. We are slowing wrapping up summer here and looking forward to Fall and all the fun and changes it brings.
It is so hot Jace has to swim in the kitchen sink instead of outside!! Just kidding:) He actually just gets so filthy and disgusting during meals that Silas has started dumping him in the sink after dinner to hose him off. Jace loves it and splashes away. I am thankful for an extra deep sink to accommodate my big boy:) Can you believe he will be a year old next week??!! We are getting ready for some partying around our house.
Tyson smiling at the camera, or in its general direction!! A rare shot indeed. He is way too active and energetic to be cooped up inside all day, but the heat keeps us in more than I would like. We improvise by using the house and furniture as an indoor jungle gym which both boys love:) They have started doing a lot more rough-housing together and I can only imagine the wrestling fights that are in my future with these two!
The boys actually sitting and sharing a snack. It was too cute to pass up getting a picture of. They are so sweet and love each other so much. I enjoy watching their relationship change and grow as they get older.

Everything else is good on the home front. I am super excited for fall and all it entails. Here is an overview of what we have on the horizon for the next few months.
1) Tyson and Jace both attending Mother's Day Out on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week.
2) Me working a lot more once they go back to school. I hope to work the days they are in school and then Mon-Thurs afternoons as well. I am splitting my time between the church counseling center and going to visit kids in their homes. I will continue to do adoption home studies on the side as they come up.
3) Silas is getting super involved at church. He is now singing on the praise team several weeks each month. He is also helping out with the men's ministry and may be doing some fun drama for the kids on Wed nights. He is serving on a Tres Dias weekend in October as well.
4) I have big plans for my running for the fall, with a list of races I would like to enter over the next few months. I hope to run at least one or two a month if it all works out. My next one is a 5k this weekend on Saturday morning. I am excited!!! I am also going to take the plunge into the world of cycling with hopes of competing in my first sprint triathlon next year. Wow!! I am pumped about this and overwhelmed too. There is so much to do and learn to be able to compete in three events. Silas is an awesome and supportive husband and coach:) He is really encouraging to me in all of this, and I am so thankful for him. So I am getting a new road bike soon (they are being shipped in September) and gearing up to start doing some serious cross training this fall. I am continually thankful for my friend Amy who I run with. I am so thankful we moved into this house and she lives right down the street where we can walk out of our door and run together. It has really changed my life over the past year and I am really excited to see what else we can accomplish together!
5) FOOTBALL season!!! enough said:)
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I'm really proud of you! You are kicking butt! Thanks for your update too and wish I were closer to see your sweet boys wrestle:) love u

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home