/> SLO in Arkansas: More Racing

Saturday, August 21, 2010

More Racing

I ran my second race this morning and it was awesome!! It was my first 5k since the last race I ran was a random 4 mile one. My original goal was to break 30 minutes. I have run it in 30:05 during practice, so I figured that was a good starting point. I secretly set a goal of 29 minutes this past week since I figured the hype of the race would pick up my pace a little. Needless to say I was super pleased to cross the line at 27:45!!! That was my official time anyway. I thought I crossed the line a second or two ahead of that but it was still a great time for me. When I finished the first mile in 8:54 I knew I was in for a great run. Especially since that first mile had a huge hill that was over half a mile long!
I train outside in the heat and the course we usually run has a few hills on it, so I think that really helps me out during the races. I know a lot of people run super early in the morning or inside with no hills. I am constantly blown away by how evenly matched Amy and I are in our running. I know we train together, but we race so similarly it is crazy!! She beat me by one second at the first race and I beat her by 2 seconds this race. I guess we will be fighting each other to place in the top 3 all year!!
I finished 5th again in my age group. The top 3 get trophies, and that is what I am aiming for! There are usually around 18-20 women that run in my age group, so I feel good about being pretty close to the top. That darn competitive nature of mine wants to win though!!! There are some fast women out there that definitely give me a run for my money:)
My biggest fans!! I love how supportive Silas is and the boys love watching the race. They had a kids race following the adults this morning so Tyson got to run his first "race." It was adorable. I will save those pictures for another post though:)
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

How great are these pics?? You've got a great photographer, that's for sure! Nice action:) Looking forward to seeing the pictures of Tyson running...just like mama.
You're awesome, love you!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home