/> SLO in Arkansas: Crazy December

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Crazy December

 This month has proven to be both exciting and exhausting so far, and we haven't even gotten to the holidays yet!  We had a crazy ice storm come through which was mostly ice and sleet, and it was enough to cause schools to be out on a Friday, Monday and Tuesday.  We had ice on the ground for about 8 days solid as the temps never got above freezing, and there are still patches of it in places today...2 weeks later!  Of course it is going to be in the 60's tomorrow.  The boys tried so hard to play outside, but it was frozen solid!!  They still managed to stay outside for hours and have fun in the mess:)  I am thankful that Silas has a big 4 wheel drive work truck which got us out and about and all over town when many others were iced in.  We loaded up the boys and got out of the house almost every day, and it was fun to go to the grocery store and pick things up for friends who were not able to leave their homes.  Church was even cancelled on Sunday for safety, so we headed to a friend's house to spend some time with others and enjoy the company that day.  It was fun for the first few days, but really got us off our routine with school being out so much.  I was very thankful we never lost power, like we did in the ice storm back in 2009.  Of course Silas kept us with a blazing fire in the fireplace and we had stocked up on food, so it was fun to be at home for a few days together.
 The boys made it to school 3 days last week following the ice storm, and this week has just been a total bust.  Tyson had a fever on Sunday so he stayed home Monday.  It went away so I sent him to school Tuesday, only to have the nurse call me to come pick him up that afternoon.  Then Jace came down with a bad fever and they can't seem to shake the sickness.  I have had all 3 boys at home all week, and it has been exhausting trying to take care of the sick kids as well as the baby, and try to keep the baby well.  The big boys fevers come and go, so they are going from running around stir crazy and fine, to miserable, whiny and just not feeling well from hour to hour.  I think Tyson may finally be better, so he may get one day of school in tomorrow.  I was so sad that they ended up missing all of their fun school Christmas parties and activities this week:(
 I just feel like we have not had a chance to recover at all from travelling at Thanksgiving, to the ice storm and now sickness.  I am very routine oriented and this craziness wears me out!!  Especially with all the extra activities for the holidays mixed in!  I usually LOVE Christmas, and this is the first year that I am just ready for it to be over already.  The boys are excited and ready for Santa to come. I wrapped some gifts and put them under the tree and poor Jace asks every day if its Christmas yet!!  He is so excited and is having trouble waiting!!  We have an elf at our house too, which the boys have fun with.  He is not the real Elf on the Shelf, but a big stuffed elf named Eugene.  He moves to a new spot every night and leaves the big boys candy in the "elf house" which is our fun house that counts down the days to Christmas.

What a difference a month makes with my running and feeling better physically.  I still only run about twice a week, but have been able to increase my speed and distance in the past few weeks.  I have enjoyed getting back to the gym and am slowly starting to see some progress and feel a bit like my old self:)  That has been encouraging to say the least!!  I am looking forward to the new year and hopefully getting back to some sort of a routine around here!!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home