/> SLO in Arkansas: 70.3 Ironman Texas- Part I

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

70.3 Ironman Texas- Part I

 Silas and I dropped the boys off with their Aunt and Uncle Friday morning and hit the road down to Galveston.  It was the first time we have ever left the boys with anyone, and I was a nervous wreck!!!  It was also the first time we have been anywhere on a trip alone together since we have had children, so maybe 6 years??!  We didn't know what to do with ourselves!
 We hit the expo and athlete check-in on Friday afternoon and everything went smoothly.  We scoped out the course, picked up my packet, and enjoyed wandering around Moody Gardens.  Then we headed out to dinner right on the beach and enjoyed watching the waves roll in and only having to feed ourselves:)  It was divine.
 
 
 I got a good night's sleep Friday night and decided I needed to head out for a little bike and run on Saturday  morning to shake out my legs and remind them of what they needed to be doing for the race.  We headed down to the beach again and I rode about 12 miles along the coast and ran about 2 miles or so.  It was so pretty and I really enjoyed just listening to the waves crash and feeling the sea breeze.  Very nice change from Arkansas!
 Silas got this great shirt at the expo.  He is my support in every way, and took his job very seriously for this race.  We drove the entire bike course Saturday after dinner so there would be no surprises, scoped out the swim venue, and walked part of the run course.  He asked a lot of questions to other athletes we would run into at our hotel and got as much information as he could about anything and everything race related.  I love this guy!!
 
 
 I ate my usual pasta dinner the night before a race at the Olive Garden and we headed to the hotel so I could organize my gear and get ready for the race in the morning.
 
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home