/> SLO in Arkansas: Warning Signs

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Warning Signs

I have been feeling run-down for the past few weeks, and it just seems to be getting worse.  At first I chalked it up to seasonal allergies, then just pushing myself in my workouts, and finally decided maybe I was a little bit of sick too.  I bit the bullet and went to the doctor on Tuesday hoping that would help.  I have been taking antibiotics since then, and have actually felt worse all week!
 My whole head is shut down, I can't breathe, I am not sleeping well, and I am EXHAUSTED.  I keep pushing my body to get my workouts done and trying to rest as much as possible, but that is hard to do with a job and two extremely active pre-schoolers at home, and trying to take care of the house.  I finally hit the wall this weekend on my run.  I was up and running by 4:40am and was hoping to get a good 12-14 miles in.  I felt awful when I woke up and had to make myself get dressed.  I am amazed I even made it out the door!!  That's why I have a running partner!  We headed out and I seemed to feel better after a few miles.  Our pace was good, but about half way through my body just decided it was done.  I just didn't have any energy.  I couldn't breathe through my nose and talking was difficult.
 Somehow I managed to push through 11 miles, but I decided to call it a day after that.  I hate hate hate cutting a workout short, but I know when my body needs to rest. I soaked in a hot bath to warm up and headed down stairs to take a shower.  That is when I discovered water pouring out of the ceiling in our bathroom...ugh!  This is the 3rd time we have had to cut the ceiling open in there and replace the ancient pipes that are rotting.  What a great start to the weekend:)  Silas packed the boys up and headed to Lowes to get what he needed for the pipes, and I crawled back in bed for a 3 hour nap:)  Silas had the pipes fixed by late afternoon (he is AMAZING) and we got the bathroom cleaned up and back in working order thank goodness.  I have been resting ever since, and plan to take the day off tomorrow as well.  I can't stay run down like this, and I don't think my body can heal if I keep pushing it so much.  I sure am hoping to feel better soon, or at least be able to breathe out of my nose:)
 
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger MRNL said...

Hope you feel better soon! Those little guys aren't so little any more! Good luck with this bathroom repair!
Marcene

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home