/> SLO in Arkansas: Spring Break

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Break

 Today was supposed to be a rest day.  As in, I have worked out hard 7 days straight and my body really needs a day off, to rest.  I swam 2,400m at the pool yesterday morning.  Since the boys are out of "school" this week for Spring Break, we decided to take advantage of the fact that our friends are also out and hit the park for a fun play date.  We met up with Brooke and her 4 kiddos late morning (along with every other kid in town!) at the park to play, talk and enjoy the beautiful spring weather.  We had packed a picnic lunch which the kids loved, and then let them play another hour or so before heading home for naps.  Except my kids didn't really feel like napping, so they had a very short rest time.  This was also the 3rd day in a row I had taken them to the park to play....you would think they would be tired by now!  Anyway, I had some nervous energy to work off, and since I didn't have to work we all headed outside for some yard work and playing once Silas got home.  We raked leaves, cut and hauled bamboo, I mowed the front and back yards, edged, and swept.  We worked hard!  I adore yard work and was so excited to be back at it:)
We topped off our evening with Silas grilling us burgers....yum!  Needless to say, we were all really tired  and ready for bed early.  I always look forward to my "rest days" and the fact that I don't have to set the alarm for 4:30am:)  I was still barely moving when Silas left for work before 7, but I didn't hear the boys, so I fell back asleep.  I went into a little panic when I rolled over and saw 8:15 on the clock!  My mind started racing as to what the boys could have gotten into, since they were being awfully quiet.  Quiet is not something I am used to in this house, and it makes me nervous!  I heard laughing and talking when I got upstairs coming from the bathroom.....the locked bathroom.  Tyson let me in and I found Jace on the counter, covered in dripping liquids of all kinds!  Proud big brother announced that they were busy making Jace "look like a clown!"  This consisted of an entire bottle of hand soap, lotion, a tube of blue toothpaste, 3 travel bottles of lotion and shampoo, and dad's hair gel all mixed together and dumped on his head.  They were painting him with a toothbrush.  I am so glad they didn't get the bright coral bottle of my nail polish open or it would have been much worse!  They were so proud of themselves and what they had done. 
Luckily I was still half asleep and too tired to be mad, so I just took some pictures and threw Jace in the tub:)  It took me a while to bathe him, and clean up the entire bathroom from the mess.  Lesson learned.....it is NEVER worth it to sleep in a few minutes!! 
 My favorite part of the morning was at breakfast when we were saying our weekly Bible verse from BSF.  Jace only remembers bits and pieces, and said a few words from our verse last week....God comforts us in all our troubles.  Tyson yelled, "yeah!  God comforted us when we got in all that trouble this morning!"  It made me laugh:)  So we have had a fun and amusing start to our Spring Break this year.  I am happy to be home more this week and finally get some things done around the house that have been piling up.  The spring weather is fabulous and we are all loving it:)
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Ohhh I had a good laugh at this one! There is always some kind of "punishment" for relaxing as a mom, huh?! I'll be thinking of you as you head into your ironman week!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home