/> SLO in Arkansas: I am NOT Lance Armstrong

Sunday, March 18, 2012

I am NOT Lance Armstrong

So I finally got my bike out of the house and on the open road this weekend. I was excited, and a bit nervous. I only managed 40 miles, but that was about what I had planned, so it was ok. There was some good, some bad, and some really ugly out there.

The Good: I had a plan, and I executed my plan perfectly.

The Bad: My plan. I have no idea why I thought I was Lance Armstrong and should be riding my bike as fast as my legs could possibly go for over 2 hours in the 20-25 mph wind. In a gear I haven't been practicing in. Stupid, stupid plan!

The ugly: The allergies, aka, the snot. It was everywhere, and it was disgusting. My mental attitude was also downright ugly the entire workout. I have a lot of work to do on not beating myself up in my head and staying a tad more positive when I get frustrated.

My legs were screaming at me by the time I finished and I was on the verge of tears, mostly from frustration. I did manage to get a little over a mile transition run in as well which made me feel better. I was convinced when I was done I had ruined my leg muscles and wouldn't be able to walk for days. Apparently I recover fast because I was out the door running at 5:15am this morning and managed to get in 9 miles before church at a little over a 9 minute mile pace. I really de-railed myself mentally yesterday, but thank goodness my sweet husband (aka head coach) talked me out of my funk. We talked through what I did right, what I did wrong, and what lessons to learn from it....and to move on. So I am ready to tackle this week's workouts to the best of my ability and try not to think too much about the fact that I will be in Texas at the end of next week for the race!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger That Pink Girl said...

40 miles isn't *only*, even Lance would be impressed! Way to talk yourself BACK into a good place again - good job!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home