/> SLO in Arkansas: February Rewind

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Rewind

Check out my new aerobars on the bike! I have been loving them so far, and am excited to have them for my race. They may not seem too exciting, but will definitely help me ride faster, so I am thrilled with them.


I also decided this week to take the plunge and upgrade my wheels and tires. I was going to replace my tires anyway to make sure I had some good new ones for the race, so I figured I would splurge and get new wheels too. Best decision ever! I have only been on the bike once since I got them, but I can already tell they are awesome and worth it! I can ride much faster at an easier pace. It dropped 2.2 pounds of weight from my bike as well, which is a lot less to pull around for hours:) I am really happy with the upgrades on my bike:)

February Rewind:

Swim: 14, 950 m (9.34 miles)

Bike: 9 hours 20 min (mostly on trainer/ 6 miles of hills on the road)

Run: 57 miles

Rest days: 6

Not really much change from last month, but at least I am consistent! I have not been feeling very well for the past 2 weeks (run down, exhausted, head cold, sore throat, etc) which has made it hard to get through some of those 4:30 am wake -up calls and workouts. But I am getting them done. I have been working more too, so I am trying not to stress about the numbers and just focus on quality workouts that are consistent. I am feeling much more confident about the swimming, and hope my head stays focused and on track in that department. I can't believe tomorrow is March and I will be in Texas at the end of the month for the race! I am actually running a 10k this weekend in Little Rock, but just going to enjoy it and have fun. It should be a nice change from running in the dark at 5am:) Only a few more weeks left of training!!!


Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Tia said...

Nice upgrade!! Sounds like you had a good month!

9:47 AM  
Blogger That Pink Girl said...

Thanks for commenting! Yes , I'll be at Galveston. It's my first 70.3 as well! There are quite a few bloggers racing this so maybe we can arrange a blogger meet up!
Sounds like your training is going well - love the new aero bars!

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home