/> SLO in Arkansas: This Is How I Roll

Saturday, March 24, 2012

This Is How I Roll

 Today I am giving you a glimpse into the glamorous life of a triathlete in training.  On the schedule, one final long session on the trainer (2 hours 5 minutes) followed by a 10 minute transition run to shake out my legs.  Of course I can't follow directions, nor can I only run for 10 minutes, so I ran 2.13 miles, but who is counting?
 The alarm was set for 6:30am, which is pretty late for a workout day for me.  But hey, it was Saturday so I felt the need to sleep in!  Of course my precious children know that it's my day to sleep in, so they don't:)  We hear footsteps running around upstairs around 6:20am and then Jace toddles in and states..."I pee peed on the couch."  Oh good grief!!  I  knew I shouldn't have started trying to potty train that kid until this summer:)
My sweet husband stumbled out of bed and dealt with the kids, so I could get my ride going.  Then I hit the bike and the 2+ hour sweat fest began.  I know it's disgusting, but man I am a sweater.  I soak through my shirt and had to take my visor off before I was even finished because it was so soaked that the sweat was just dripping off the brim and grossing me out.  That poor hand towel on my handle bars gets a workout on bike days! 
 I watch HGTV while I ride (on mute) and jam to my ipod.  I was really feeling it today and sang along pretty loudly to a lot of the songs.  In my head, I sound good!!  The boys came down after about an hour to check on me.  I had actually texted Silas to come down and visit because I was getting bored:)  He brought the camera to document what our typical Saturday mornings look like around here.  Of course the boys were wildly jumping on my bed while all this was going on.

Dude.  Check out my arms in these next pictures!  That looks crazy!
 I do absolutely zero weight lifting at this point.  I do however, lift a 37 pound toddler about a million times a day, which apparently counts for something.  I attribute my arms and shoulders to swimming though.  They didn't look like that before I started swimming, and now they do:)  If you want some crazy arms, swim! 
 I finished up the ride, had to change my entire outfit into something dry, and headed out the door for a run.  Oh my goodness the weather was perfection today!  It was 56 degrees with a slight breeze and gorgeously sunny.  I could have run forever.  If only race day could be like this, everyone would be smiling like I was today:)  I thanked God for the beautiful day while I ran, and just soaked in the green grass, budding trees, blooming flowers, and smells of the fresh spring air.  I quit being so thankful when a pit bull appeared in a front yard and I thought it might chase me down, but luckily it ignored me and I was very thankful for that! I finished my workout happy and feeling great.  If only every workout could be the same:)
Little monkey boy jumping on my bed. 
 Boys jumping on the bed.
 My sweet little messes:)
Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger That Pink Girl said...

One week!
And yes, your arms look FIERCE woman! Wowza!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Thanks!! Yes, ONE week!!! I really can't believe it is almost here:)

1:32 PM  
Blogger Tia said...

I love all those pictures! You are getting ripped!! Makes me want to start swimming...:-)

One more week?!!! You are gonna do great!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Thanks Tia! Swimming has been such a great cross training workout. I am slow as anything, but I love it!

12:16 PM  
Blogger TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Thanks for commenting! I am so excited for next week. And if you spot me, please come say hi and I will do the same! Good luck!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home