/> SLO in Arkansas: Small Victories

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Small Victories

Today I am celebrating small victories. We celebrate around here with Jelly beans....red jelly beans. Those little suckers worked like a charm in potty training Tyson, and they seem to have retained their magic with little stinker #2. I have been in no hurry to get Jace potty trained, other than the crazy expense of diapers and a kid that drinks like a camel every day. I was bored out of my mind this morning and decided it would be a good day to work on our toileting skills since we had no where to go:) (Now I know staying at home with your kids is not boring at all, but it was 8:30am and I had already been to a spin class, showered, dressed, had breakfast, watched TV, played Candy Land with the kids, started laundry, picked up the kitchen, etc, etc, etc). It was shaping up to be a loooong day. I took Jace potty while changing his diaper for the morning and he went...score #1! Red jelly bean for Jace, and red jelly bean for mom!! I managed to remember to take him every 45 minutes or so the rest of the morning and he stayed dry the whole time. He is currently napping, but so far he has gone tinkle in the potty 3 times and one #2....which of course earned him 2 jelly beans:) I could take the kid potty all day every day every hour and he could stay dry, but who in the world has time to do that?? So my small victory came after lunch when I was in the laundry room folding clothes. My sweet little man came down the stairs and said, "Mom, I need a jelly bean!" Of course in toddler speak that means...mom, I need to go potty! So we ran to the bathroom and he did his thing. Whooo Hoooo! We both had 2 jelly beans each to celebrate this step in him actually telling me he needed to go!! Of course we go back to school next week so who knows if this will continue, but at least it is a good start. And I have no clue why in the world I thought it would be a good idea to start trying to potty train a 2.5 year old a week before we leave for a huge trip to Texas and over 20 hours in the car!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home