/> SLO in Arkansas: Maiden Voyage

Friday, March 23, 2012

Maiden Voyage

 I got my new wetsuit in yesterday and had fun trying it on at lunch.
 Silas said I looked cool and like a super hero.  Of course he wants his own wetsuit  now!  The boys weren't sure what to make of it and just kept trying to touch it.
 Excuse my dorkiness but if you have to wear really strange things for your sport, at least you should have fun with it!!  I had a swim scheduled for this morning so I packed up my new suit and headed to the pool to try it out.  The verdict:  Not sure!  It definitely made me swim a lot faster than my usual slow pace, but it positioned me a little differently in the water and it threw my breathing off a bit.  Every time I turned to take a breath I seemed to be sucking in water instead of air.  And that silly strap on the zipper kept wrapping around my arm and freaking me out while I was swimming!  The only other weird thing was how tired it made my arms feel.  I felt like I was fighting really hard on every stroke and it made my arms wear out really fast.  That is not good when I have to swim 1.2 miles!  I didn't wear it long as the pool temp is kept at a nice 81-85 degrees and I felt like I was cooking after a while.  I guess I will take it back to the pool and try again and am hoping the more I wear it the more comfortable it gets.  I have already learned my T1 time is going to be super slow because it is nearly impossible to get out of this thing!!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger That Pink Girl said...

You look great!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home