/> SLO in Arkansas: The Good News Is I Have A Six Pack....

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Good News Is I Have A Six Pack....

.....the bad news is you can't see it because it's hiding under the last remaining layer of baby fat:) Silas tries to assure me it's there. He is so sweet:) Sorry, I know that was random! I'm pretty scattered today. It's day 3 without a coke, so excuse my random thoughts. This is currently the time of day I would bust open a nice cold one, sit down on the couch and veg out for a bit while the kids are sleeping, enjoying some quiet before I have to go to work. But not today. Today I am making my 2nd cup of coffee instead for an afternoon pick me up:) I'm not trying to cut out caffeine, I'm working on cutting out the dark carbonated goodness that is coke. I will probably fail, but that's ok! Every day I go without one is several hundred calories I have saved:) I use sugar free creamer in my coffee so yes, I am saving at least 100 calories per drink.

Anyway, Silas and I have recently discovered a little something called vitamins. I have been feeling tired all the time, and just have no energy most days. It's a wonder I get my workouts done with the way I feel. I have really been dragging lately, and finally hit the point where I needed to do something about it. I finally went to GNC and found a nice multi-vitamin for active women and let me just say.....I love my pills! I have taken them for 2 days and can already tell a HUGE difference in my energy levels, clarity of thinking, etc. Silas even decided to try some too since he has been feeling the same way, and he loves them as much as I do:) Last year I focused on weight loss alone, and did so by doing the very basic things, eating less/portion control and exercise. This year I am really wanting to do more for my health and try to cut out some of the junk food and give my body more of the good stuff. I ask a lot of my body with my training, and I pretty much fuel it with sludge half the time, which isn't the best combination. So this marathon training cycle I am working on cleaning up my diet a bit (don't judge me if you see me eating junk though), drinking more water, taking my vitamins, and doing a much more intentional training plan. Last marathon I just ran the number of miles at whatever pace I felt like it. This time I am incorporating cross training into the schedule, and doing a long run, an easy run, and a tempo or speed or hill run. I feel really good at this point and am already so far ahead of where I was last time. I went out and ran 10 miles on Saturday morning at a faster pace than I ran my last half marathon and felt great the whole time, so I am super excited to see my time come down in this next race in October.

Speaking of October, have you felt the weather lately??! Fall is coming! There is a nice coolness in the early morning air when I go run now, and though the humidity is still there, you can just feel fall coming. I love this time of year and am energized by it. I can't wait to bring out the fall decorations and smell the pumpkin spice candles soon:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home