/> SLO in Arkansas: Annie Oakley Super Sprint Triathlon 2011- The Swim

Monday, August 01, 2011

Annie Oakley Super Sprint Triathlon 2011- The Swim

So my first ever triathlon is officially in the books, and the verdict is.....LOVED IT!!! That comes as no surprise to me:) I am breaking my race recap down into sections so I can get more pictures on here, so hang in there. We got up at 3:30 am and hit the road by 4am. The boys did amazing and watched movies all the way to the race. It ended up taking us almost 2 hours to get there! We arrived, picked up our race packets, got our body markings and time chips, and set up the transition area. I met up with some girls I know from Jonesboro, which really helped calm my nerves to have others to talk to, and show me how to set up my stuff! This is Kara, Heather, Emily and I before the race.

I was really close to the front for the swim start since I registered so early, so I didn't have a lot of time to be nervous before we took off. Blow up the picture and take a look at the look on my face!! I was pretty nervous but trying to be calm and tell myself I could do this:) It worked! I hit the water and just started off my freestyle like I had practiced in the pool. My breathing was great every 3 strokes, my sighting was good and I didn't veer off course any, and I just kept it slow and steady. A few people did swim into me at times, which is more annoying than anything. I resorted to breaststroke a few times, but overall I felt I did as good as could be expected for the swim!

This was before the race when I was setting up my transition area. It was a beautiful morning and not nearly as hot as it had been the past few days thanks to a little rain the day before.

A picture of the start of the race. Silas got a great video clip of me swimming and I will try to figure out how to put it on here! I was never so happy to see the pier and climb out of the water by the end. I never panicked though, and never felt like I couldn't make it, so that was good. I had started my watch right before I jumped in the water and checked it when I got out...10:35 or something close. I was so happy! My official swim split was 11:16 though since it included the run down the pier and back up into the transition area.

Goal swim time: Less than 12 minutes
Official swim time: 11:16
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home