/> SLO in Arkansas: Race Recap- The Bike

Monday, August 01, 2011

Race Recap- The Bike

I was so pleased with myself for finishing the swim, and in a decent time, that the rest of the race was just fun! I grinned all the way up the ramp into the transition area, and got my bike stuff on pretty fast. I had every intention of practicing my transitions before the race, but alas, did not. I managed to be fast and efficient though, which was awesome:)

Transition goal: Under 1:30
Transition 1 time: 1:17

I ran my bike to the mounting area and off I went.

The bike was enjoyable except for the fact that I had a pounding headache the entire ride. Like feeling like my head was going to explode pain. There was nothing I could do about it, so I just rode along:) I was cool from the swim and the breeze felt nice. I have never ridden my bike hard for a very sustained period of time, so this was all new to me. I just went along and tried to pass people, or catch back up if I got passed. I ate my jelly bean energy beans along the way which helped with my head a little since they had caffeine in them too. I was able to drink my water and gatorade just fine too, and didn't lose any of my bottles:) The ride was pretty uneventful. There were some rolling hills, which really slowed me down, but I felt like I was doing fine on time. Of course there was a killer hill (the biggest one yet) right at the end of the bike leg, so I got off the bike huffing and puffing, which I did not want to do!

I got of my bike and ran it back into the transition area to get ready for the run.

Goal bike time: 35-39 minutes (17-20 MPH)
Official bike time: 40:22 (16.35 MPH)

Pretty close! I was pretty slow taking off and coming back in, which I will account for the extra 22 seconds of time:)

Here is a picture of me with my awesome photographer and coach after I finished the race!! I love this guy and couldn't do any of this without him!!! Thanks Silas for all you do for me:)

Tyson just had to wear my race number and glasses after the race. He was SOOO excited to be there and loved it all so much:) Maybe he will follow in his mom's footsteps down the road.....
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Congrats on your first Tri!!!! I have had the same problem, my head pounding after my swim, not sure what that is all about. I have found to just pop some tylenol prior and that seems to work. Good luck on your training for your next marathon.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home