/> SLO in Arkansas: Race Junkie

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Race Junkie

My camera does some weird things to pictures, so this one looks a bit grainy. It was the only one of our family though, so I had to post it:)

This picture was from a random run a few weeks ago. I love wearing my Little Rock Marathon shirt. The back says...."A marathoner of mythic proportions." I love that:) And speaking of marathons, I am back in "official" training for marathon #2! I am trying to take a completely different approach to this second marathon and learn from my first one as much as I can. First off, I only "officially" trained for my first one for about 9 weeks. That is NOT enough time people! This one I am planning to have 18 official training weeks for, which is substantially more. August 1st started my training with a nice dripping 4 mile run. I loved it:) I have combined several training plans together to create one that should work well for me. I am going to try to increase my mileage quite a bit over last time, and get several more 16+ mile runs to help build my distance base up. I am also planning to try and incorporate some speed work in, because the whole goal of running number 2 is to beat my time from race #1:) I am hoping to take 15-20 minutes off my time, so we will see how it goes.

I am also training with some different people this time around. There are several women who are running the same race, or other marathons around the same time as me, and we will train together. It should help to run with people who are also training for the same thing and with the same goals in mind. Seeing as it is 105 degrees today the plan for August is just to survive the heat and get a good foundation in. I am loving the summer, but I am really looking forward to some fall running temps! I have a half marathon race planned for early October which is my goal race to break 2 hours. I am looking around for another sprint triathlon too if I can find one close enough and fit it into my schedule easily. No big deal:) Anyway, everything is going great and I am hoping to stay healthy and get serious about my training over the next few months. December 3rd is coming and I have some big goals to reach:)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home