/> SLO in Arkansas: Summer Slow down

Monday, August 08, 2011

Summer Slow down


I really can't tell if we are slowing down in the heat, or gearing things up for the fall these days. I just can't believe how fast our summer has flown by and that school starts just around the corner. Even though we still have a few more weeks, the public schools start next week and things will be back in full swing in no time.

We are still busy cramming in summer fun where we can and trying to enjoy our free time as much as possible. We have loved our swim days with friends, and are planning a day trip to Searcy this week to swim and catch up with good friends we have been missing. The boys and I are excited! There are plans to try and squeeze in one more trip to the water park before it closes for the season. Hopefully that will work out for next week. We are taking some friends to the lake this weekend for some get-away fun before their kids start back to school. We had a family over to grill out hot dogs and the kids all played in the sprinklers in the front yard this weekend. We even managed to eat ice cream for dinner one night last week when the temps hit 107 degrees! It was just too hot to cook, or even want much food:)

I have done a bit of back to school shopping for the boys, but luckily they have most of what they need already. I try to buy ahead when I find great sales on clothes and stay ahead of what they will need coming up. I finally caved this year and bought our first "themed" anything for Tyson! He specifically requested a Spiderman backpack for pre-k, so a Spiderman backpack is what he got:) He loves it! Both boys got new backpacks and new tennis shoes for school, as well as hooded zip up jackets. Thankfully they are good to go with jeans and long sleeve t-shirts for the fall. We made a startling discovery this weekend when I was trying on Tyson's long sleeve shirts from the spring. They are all too short in the arms and waist length, but guess who they fit perfectly?? Yep, Jace. My baby who will be 2 years old in a few weeks is wearing 4T shirts and 2-3T pants! We basically realized the boys are almost the same size in the body, Tyson is just several inches taller:) I am not sure if I am happy they can share clothes, or scared at what this means for down the road! Jace won't stop eating and may possibly be much bigger than Tyson if he doesn't watch out:)

The heat has been crazy the past few weeks, but the early mornings seem to be cooling off and I am really looking forward to the fall weather. I love the Fall and everything about it, and am so excited! The crazy heat has forced me to start getting up early to do my workouts though, which has been a struggle at times. Last week I was up at 4:45am on Thursday to run almost 6 miles, 5:30am on Friday to swim, and 5am on Saturday to run 9 miles. I really love the mornings, but unfortunately do not go to bed early enough to get a full night's sleep. I am really needing to work on that:) Life has been fun and good for us this summer and I am constantly trying to be thankful for all our many blessings. We are all happy and healthy and looking forward to school starting and all the fun things the transition to fall will bring:)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home