/> SLO in Arkansas: Jace

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Jace

I am a bit in shock at how fast Jace is growing up. He seems like such a big kid to me, and my baby isn't even 2 yet!! His 2nd birthday is in just 3 weeks though, and he is excited. What gets me the most is that I can't believe he is almost the age Tyson was when I had Jace:) I can't even imagine being pregnant again yet, much less have another one!!!

Jace and Tyson are both big talkers, but in very different ways. Tyson has been jabbering since he was 8 months old and just won't stop. Man that kid talks constantly about EVERYTHING!! He is hard to understand at times though. But Jace is a different story. He is a pretty quiet kid, but can talk so clearly and is starting to use really big sentences! I think they are supposed to be putting 2 or maybe 3 words together at this point, but he frequently uses 7 or 8 words at a time. He says things like, "Daddy look at me!!" or "Get out of here, there's a monster in there!" He is very demanding when he is hungry and tells me things like, "Mama, want my apple juice in the fridge right now!" or "I need a piece of cheese right now!" Apparently everything he needs is right now:) I just laugh when he says it because it sounds so grown up from such a little guy.

His first words this morning before I pulled him out of his crib were "Want to watch a movie now." He and Tyson are really into watching the Toy Story movies right now, and they both love them. They have gotten all buddy buddy lately and are really having fun playing together. Especially now that Jace can talk and participate more I think. He can open doors, get his juice cup out of the fridge by himself, climb anything, start the dishwasher and even turn on the TV with the remote. He is a busy bee and learns so much from big brother. I have really enjoyed spending time with these guys this summer and am amazed at how much they know and can do. One random thing they do at mealtimes is to stand up in their chairs/booster seats and put their arms up over their heads and yell out "hextagon!!" I have no idea what it means!! I think they are saying hexagon, and Tyson picked it up from a Mickey Mouse movie where there is a hexagon shaped train car, but not sure how that works into meal time really:) They both do it at the same time, and then get down on the floor and dance a little jig before they will go on eating. Funny little boys!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

What funny little guys with that hextagon story! That made me giggle:) Today, we picked raspberries at a farm and Jude was weird about eating them. On the way home he announced that "Tyson and Jace love raspberries" and then started eating them once he convinced himself. Hmm.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home