/> SLO in Arkansas: Busy Busy

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Busy Busy

Wow have we had a busy month! We started off March by taking Silas' car to the shop to have some much needed body work done to it. (He had an unfortunate run-in with a trailer last summer that left some damage we just have not gotten around to fixing until now). Unfortunately it took almost 2 full weeks to be fixed, and sharing one vehicle between us was quite a feat. Fortunately for us we had company most of the time, so we usually had an extra vehicle around somewhere! My parents were in town for about 3 days and we had fun shopping, eating, and hanging out as usual. It was especially fun having them here when we had our ultrasound to find out the baby's sex.
The day after my parents left, my little sister, her husband, and their son came to visit for about 4 days. They had not been to our new house yet, so this was fun for us! It was also the first time Ty got to spend more than a few hours with his cousin Jude, and they had a good time. Poor Jude didn't feel that well while they were here, and I'm sure Tyson wore him out. Tyson wasn't the best at sharing his toys either, but hopefully that will get better soon. I love the picture of the boys taking turns pushing each other around the kitchen in the shopping cart. Leave it to little boys to make every activity into a potential trip to the hospital:) Luckily no one got hurt thanks to Uncle Ted's supervision and everyone had a good time. It was great getting to spend a few days with my sister and catch up, especially now that they will be moving to Bolivia this coming June for a year!
About 3 days after my sister left, Silas' parents showed up for a 4 day visit! This was also my father-in-laws first visit to our new house. We don't see this side of the family as often as we would like, so visits are extra special:) Tyson had a ball with his Mimi and Pap-paw here to love on him. We got to go out to dinner, and feed the ducks at the park while they were here. I even let Tyson skip school on Thursday to he could soak up some one-on-one time with Mimi while I worked a little bit. I think they both really enjoyed it:)
I am still working on bringing Tyson back down to earth after having all that company loving on him and spoiling him rotten! He was so hyper and excited for days while they were here. He has been out of school for Spring Break this week, so I have really enjoyed having him all to myself and getting some extra loving on little man now that it is just the two of us during the day again. I am really cherishing these days and moments that I have him to myself, since I know the time is limited where I can spoil him one-on-one and give him so much attention. Time goes by too fast, and I know the new baby will be here before we know it.

It was great having the opportunity to see so many family members this month, especially since we didn't have to travel anywhere ourselves! I am thankful for our home and having the space to accommodate guests much better than at our last house. I hope it was easy on everyone who came:) Our doors are always open and we hope to see you back soon!

So basically between the craziness of having one car and then company for two weeks, the month of March has come and almost gone in the blink of an eye! I get overwhelmed at times trying to get everything done, but am so grateful to be feeling good and am just trying to tackle one thing on the list at a time. I am having so much fun working on the nursery for baby Jace, and have started moving some of the nursery furniture out of Tyson's room to ease the transition for him. We are in the process of transforming his room into a big boy room, and things are going well so far. He has been taking naps in his big boy bed for the past few weeks (off and on), and we are starting to be more intentional at getting him switched over now that the excitement of company has died down. Tonight is actually his very first night to try sleeping in his big bed at night, so we will see how it goes! My biggest concern is that he gets up and wanders around. Hopefully he is really tired and will stay put! Anyway, I will hopefully be able to post some pictures of his room once we get it all situated and finally move the crib out for good. I still can't believe my little man is growing up!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

We had a great time with you guys too! Glad things have slowed down, get some rest and take it easy when you can. I love you

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home