/> SLO in Arkansas: Big Brother!

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Big Brother!

Yep, my little man is about to become a big brother in August! I have been thinking of some cool and creative ways to make this announcement on here, but puking your guts out every other day really takes all the creativity right out of you! I FEEL AWFUL. I have the wonderful all day sickness, not just the morning. It was the same with Tyson, so no surprise there. But I have started throwing up a lot sooner with this one, which makes for one miserable momma. I am trying to survive this first trimester, and hopefully I will feel much better in a few weeks. Like my sister said, I am trying not to complain too much, but boy this takes the joy right out of ya some days:)
Right now I am sitting at almost 8 weeks, I think. I have my first doctors appointment next Wednesday which I am very excited about. I have high hopes of asking for some kind of medicine to keep this nausea a little more under control. My life right now is pretty much made up of laying around doing nothing....ok, ok, I do a lot of complaining:) Silas is terrific and is manning the home front for me. I don't know what I would do without him! I haven't done a load of laundry since Christmas and the pile in my closet floor is threatening to take over the whole house soon. Anything to do with food makes me sick, but I also get sick if I don't eat, so this has been a tricky little situation to deal with. I have found that Blue Bell chocolate ice cream makes me pretty happy, as well as apples, so I am sticking with that. Water makes me sick, but luckily milk does not, so I have also been chugging that pretty well.
Anything that has a smell must stay at least 20 feet away from me or I gag. This is also a very difficult situation, as food tends to smell. The smell also stays in your house when you cook, so PB and J sandwiches are also a new favorite around here. Unfortunately for Silas, my sweet little son can get pretty stinky at times, and I have not been able to even try to change a poopy diaper. Silas is on permanent poop patrol, which I love, but I am sure he hates! Oh, and yes, I have told Tyson about this situation and he is very cooperative with me to hold it all in until the afternoons when daddy gets home! I love that kid!
Other than my house looking like it has been taken over by aliens and feeling bad all day every day, we are doing great! I know this is temporary and am trying to humor my way through the next few weeks. Any prayers for me feeling better would be much appreciated as well, or tips on making me feel better. We are thoroughly thrilled about this new baby though, and are really looking forward to meeting the newest member of our family this summer:)
Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

WOW!!! I didn't realize until today when I was talking (typing really) with Brandy that it had been so long since I checked out your blog. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Congratulations!

Brady's birthday is Aug 22nd!!!! Although, I hope you go a little sooner than that. I know August is a HOT month in Arkansas. Good luck in the upcoming year and we will be praying with you all along the way!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you because of the new baby on the way...and the poop patrol!

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, so excited for all of you. The longer you can keep that poop patrol thing going the better, I say!!Love you guys, Kathy R.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

You know, I can't think of any advice since I felt perfect while I was pregnant!! (you can't smack me from Arkansas!;)
Just kidding! I'm sorry you feel sick but it will be over before you know it, and when that new little one smiles at you for the first time, you'll forget all about it (mostly). In the meantime, keep Silas on poop patrol, enjoy your ice cream suppers, and keep calling me for distractions. I'm here!
Love you

11:41 AM  
Blogger Troy Metheny said...

Congrats. Though it must be tough, I'm happy for y'all!

10:38 AM  
Blogger laura said...

I was the same way about water... made me so sick. But a big glass of chocolate milk in the morning and half a zofran on the tongue and I was good to go :) Thank goodness for good drugs... only downfall... no zofran in Bolivia! Stink huh?

4:39 PM  
Blogger Robert Channing said...

Sorry you're having a rough time right now. Can't wait to talk to you later (today?) about your first dr appt. Love you!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Robert Channing said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Congrats, Lauren! We are so happy for you--and really hope the first trimester sickness passes quickly. For me it was all about lemon anything and ginger ale. Whatever works is key. I'm glad your boys are helping out! Can't wait to hear about the first appointment!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home