/> SLO in Arkansas: Girls With Fancy Hair-Do's Intimidate Me

Monday, February 02, 2009

Girls With Fancy Hair-Do's Intimidate Me

I know this post should be about Tyson's 18 month information, or probably about the huge ice storm we just survived here last week, but no, it's about hair dos. I was reading someones list of 25 random things on Facebook today and she said that she feels that people think she is unapproachable/intimidating sometimes, and she doesn't know why. I thought long and hard about this and I have the answer (at least in this person's case, since I know her).

She has a fancy hair-do. Fancy hair-do's are intimidating to people like me. And what is a fancy hair-do you might ask? Well, for me, it is anything that requires an actual style, cut, product, etc. Like those women with cute short and spiky do's, the kind you have to get done like every 6 weeks or it wont be a style anymore. I am not a fancy hair-do girl. I get my hair cut twice a YEAR people! I should do it at least once more, but I just don't care. I like it shoulder length, but then it just grows and grows and I turn into a long hair girl until it drives me crazy. This happens once every 6 months, and I get it cut. Its pretty much at that point now. But I live in a new town (yes I know I have been here for 7 months) and I am just too lazy to find a new place to go.

Anyway, back to why fancy hair-do's are intimidating to me. I mean, you have to be dedicated to that haircut to take care of it, which takes a lot of time. Then you have to know what to do with it, and how to use the stuff for it. But mostly it's just that those people look put together ALL the time. And we know they are stay at home moms too, but why do they look so good all the time, even on Saturdays?!?!? That is what intimidates me. They fix their hair on the weekends, and to run to the store, etc. It makes me wonder why my hair doesn't look better! They can't throw it in a ponytail, they have to fix it. And this particular woman has 4 children at home, all of the boys under the age of 3rd grade. And her hair looks immaculate every time I see her, and that my friends, is intimidating:)

I know I am a totally abnormal girl, but here is a lovely random fact about me. I have only dyed/highlighted my hair once in my whole existence. It was when I was in Greece and there was a super cool hair salon down the street and like, every one I went with was doing it, so I gave in and got super blond highlights. I liked it ok, but never did it again. For Pete's sake, even Silas got his hair highlighted there! Remember the blond tips?! Anyway, maybe some day I will get a hair style for myself. I want to desperately every time I go to get it cut, but am terrified and don't have a clue what to even try, so I just keep doing the same thing...trim please:) You can't even tell what decade it is when you look back at old pictures of me because my hair is the same forever, since I got hair! If you have any ideas on what would maybe work for me, let me know!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shiann Metheny said...

God bless you, honey!

I love you!

I keep trying to grow mine out but it is not as thick as yours. If it was, I'd have it long, too! I feel the same way you do as I spend less than 5 min on mine! I do color it now b/c gray is here! Of course, I color it at home.

Once I did one of those online hairstyle chooser/makeover things. It was hideous!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You are so funny!!! Your comment on my page about running when day when you are not pregnant and lactating was hilarious. I also have to agree with you on the hairdos...I mean I feel that I look just like I did in high school. Besides, we are busy mommys and have more important things to worry about other than hair!!! Sorry to hear you are feeling so yucky...hang in there you know its worth it!!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I agree, I was talking with my girlfriend this week and we both agreed we have never felt so unattractive in our lives. Hair has a lot to do with it. Plus, do you ever wonder when its time to get the "mom hairdo?" I will be thinking about your hair.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home