/> SLO in Arkansas: Tyson is 18 months old!

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Tyson is 18 months old!

My how time flies! My baby is not so much of a baby anymore really. We are definitely getting into some big boy phases now, and it's fun to watch (most of the time!). He was born full of personality, and not much has changed since then. He is a wild crazy full steam ahead kind of guy. I don't know where he gets that:) I have not done the best at taking pictures over the last month or so since I have been on another planet, but here are a few I have managed.
The child gets into everything you can think of. The rule in our house is that if it is not bolted down, he thinks it's his! I was trying to load the dishwasher one day, but he decided the bottom rack looked like it would be fun to play with, and removed it from the dishwasher when I wasn't looking. It has wheels, and he had a ball pushing that thing around the house for the rest of the day! He was polite enough to stop for me to take a picture though:) Sweet pea. Can you see why my list of things I can only do while this child is sleeping is getting longer and longer?!?!?
My boys:) So cute with their blue striped dress shirts for church a few weeks ago.
Tyson feeding himself cereal. He loves it, and does a pretty good job most of the time. Mr. Independent will not let anyone help with anything, so it can get pretty messy around here.

OK, lets see about stats. He hasn't had an official appointment, but we have weighed and measured him ourselves. He weighs in around 29.4 pounds and is about 33.5 inches tall. I looked in a book I have at the growth charts and this puts him in the 85th-90th percentile for both height and weight. We have a solid kid. He is as big as most 2 year olds, but just not quite that advanced. He is saying about 45-50 words on his own, and really starting to repeat a lot of what we say. (scary!!!). He has been talking in sentences and paragraphs for months, but still not in English. When the words start clicking though, he will be unstoppable!

We are still somewhere between one and two naps a day. Usually one is sufficient, unless it is too early, or too short. Then we have to squeeze in another before supper to make it to bed time. He hits the sack about 8:30 pm and gets up around 7:30 am. He is still loving school (mothers day out) and doing great there. He also loves Sunday school. He is so full of energy and runs all day long. He flings himself on and off the furniture and yells "whoa!!!" He is recently addicted to his toy cars, trucks, etc and pushes them all over the place. He knows his routine so well and goes along great with everything we have to do. He loves his bath time and cant wait to take one. He loves going to bed, both at night and for naps, and is super easy to put down. He can tell you when he is poopy and knows where to go and get a new diaper. He does pretty well at telling you what he wants to eat or what he needs when he needs it. He is pretty sure that he needs anything we are eating or drinking as well:) He went through a tantrum phase where he threw fits on the floor and hollered, but that didn't last too long after we implemented the "you throw a fit you get a spanking rule" at our house. He is much more pleasant now and learning to use his words better.

of course as his mom I think he hung the moon. I am head over heels for that kid, and can't imagine my life without him. I haven't had much time to even think about the new baby yet, and wonder if he/she will be anything at all like my little man? I don't know what I would do with a calm and quiet child!!! Oh yeah, I am feeling much better by the way. I will be 12 weeks tomorrow and think I have turned the corner to regaining my life back a little! At least I am not throwing up every day and have a little more energy. I know Silas is totally relieved about being off of poop patrol too:) I however, am not too thrilled about being back on it!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

You give that boy a huge kiss from his Aunt Caroline, Uncle Ted, and cousin Jude. Love you guys

1:54 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I can't believe how much he has changed since October; his hair is getting so long.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Girl, I hear you about the dishwasher challenges. I've started unloading the knives and glass wares first. Really, when they are up and awake, you just have to resign to playing. That's it. Any other aspirations are lofty at best. Then, if you can squeeze in making your bed or folding a load of laundry (yeah, right!) you're golden.
I'm glad you're feeling better! Tyson and Annabel sound very similar and it will be cool to get them together someday!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home