/> SLO in Arkansas: Thankful Thursday

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Here are the things I am so very thankful for this week....

1. That my baby is back to sleeping until 7 or 7:30am. I guess a parent should never attempt to mess with a child's bedtime routine, because they will not be happy! I finally figured out that if Silas puts the baby to bed for me, hes up at 5:30, but if I put him to bed as usual, he sleeps until about 7:30.

2. That I am no longer unpacking boxes. I'm just sorting and moving junk around now:)

3. For the new house....I love it more every day, especially as we are getting more decorating done and making if feel more like home.

4. That Tyson is such a happy boy. His smile just makes my day:)

5. For friends that have stayed in touch since the move. I have even had a couple of people make the drive out here to visit us already!!! Thanks Deidre and Amber!!

6. For my job and being able to work when I want.

7. For Silas and his mad handy man skills around the house. Who knew how much he could get done at home when he's actually got time to do it?!?!? He has been sooooo helpful:)

8. For temperatures in the 70's and 80's in June and July in Arkansas!

9. For God blessing me more than I could ever hope for or even imagine! Life is good:)

10. Having a ton of extra time to spend as a family now that Silas doesn't spend his whole day on the road.


Things have been so good since we have moved, and I am so thankful for that. My crepe myrtles are beginning to bloom in the front yard, my grass is getting greener, and the neighbors are so friendly. We are having an official block party on my street next weekend with all of the neighborhood. Since we are a new development and no one has been here longer than a year, we are all enjoying getting to know one another. I have met almost everyone on my street, and this should be a good way to get to hang out and finally get names straightened out! New houses are going up every day, and they are about to pave the two new streets to finish out the neighborhood. Things are coming along. Tyson loves watching the construction workers and their equipment ("big boy toys"). I will be happy when they sell the house next to ours...maybe they will get rid of the big blue port-a-potty sitting at the end of my driveway!! I have had some awkward encounters with work men when I am setting off with the stroller to take a walk and almost run over some poor guy as he comes out of the toilet! Good times:)

Anyway, I hope everyone has a fabulous 4th of July weekend. We are taking off to the lake this afternoon and will be there all weekend. We are planning to introduce Ty to some tubing on the water, so I will let you know how that goes:) I am really looking forward to getting away from the house for a little bit and not worrying about unpacking or fixing anything! And oh the good grilled food we are going to eat....yum:) Hopefully I will get some good pictures over the weekend to post for next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I miss being in Arkansas for the 4th, its just not the same! I cant wait to see pics of Ty on the lake! Enjoy your weekend and eats lots of grilled stuff :)

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home