/> SLO in Arkansas: Colors

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Colors

Ok, here are some pictures of the paint colors. This is Tyson's room. Let's keep in mind that the flash on the camera makes them look different than they do in person, so the blue is not quite as bright and the kitchen is not quite as orange, but more rust. The rest is pretty neutral so they look the same. Tyson's bathroom will also be blue. The laundry room is the same as the kitchen since you go through it to get to the kitchen from the garage. I think I am feeling ok with it all now. I still have not laid my own eyes on some of this, so I have just had to go off what others who have seen it have said! I know that things will look a lot different when there is carpet or tile down to balance out the color, and things on the walls, and cabinets and counters too. This is definitely bold though!!! Silas is more daring than I am, so I am just trusting his lead and going with it! I am really excited to see the house this weekend. They installed all of the lighting yesterday and are laying tile today:) We are getting so close. I guess that means maybe I should start packing! Oh yeah, I can't leave a room for more than 2 seconds, so I'm not sure how that is going to happen, but we will find a way. Apartment living, we are so almost done with you:)
This is the foyer on the right and the kitchen on the left. Those nooks are for the built in desk and china hutch, serving area. The foyer will have hardwood in the entry and then tile in the kitchen and carpet in the living room.
Master bedroom...this is the same color as the den and foyer. I like how it looks darker in some spots and lighter in others, depending on the lighting.
A little better picture of the kitchen. It shows the color being a little darker and not as bright orange! I am so ready to see the floors and cabinets/counters in here.....it will make it all look so different. I think my hang up with the colors is that there is nothing else in the rooms to look at for now, so they seem a little overwhelming. I am hoping when its finished it will be more of a total effect and not a huge focal point. Oh yeah, we are using the tile from the kitchen floors as a surround for the fireplace in the den. I can't wait to see how that turns out either! I will post more pictures once we get some this weekend! Enjoy:)
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Everything looks beautiful, Bar! I esp. love the kitchen...its the heart of the home and should be an appetizing color, and yours is perfect. I cant wait to see it in person! I think you'll be really happy there :)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

The house looks gorgeous so far and I can't wait to see it when the flooring and cabinets are installed.
The colors look great and once you have all of your stuff in there, it will feel like home.

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know me, I like colors ... lots of colors. So I think the house looks great. But as I've done on multiple occasions, if you don't like it in several months remember that paint only costs $20 a gallon. :-)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Lauren
I LOVE IT!! The colors are great! I should have had your input on picking mine!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Robert Channing said...

LOVE the colors! Can't wait to see it in person! :)

8:34 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Your new home looks gorgeous! I really like the shelves above the windows and along the ceiling.

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bar~ Ok, not only are the colors sooo YOU, but I have to say that the crown moulding detail throughout your new home is so unbelievable! Wow - just over the kitchen window is amazing! Good job! Love you! Renee

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home