/> SLO in Arkansas: 11 months

Saturday, June 28, 2008

11 months

My baby is only three weeks away from being a year old!!! He has changed so much these past few months and is so much fun. He fills my days with laughter and we have such a good time hanging out together. I am really thankful for him now especially, since I am still getting to know the ropes around town, and he is a good little buddy to hang out with:) Here are some pictures from this past week.
I was invited to go to a water park with the wife of Silas' co-worker, Chris. I have met Susan several times when we have been in town while building the house, and so it was nice to get to spend some more time getting to know her. They don't have children yet, but she also invited her best friend Kristy to go with us, and her little boy Cade who is only a month younger than Tyson. We had a blast together!! It was a perfectly hot and sunny day, and the water park was the best place to be. It is located in Paragould, which is about 20 minutes outside of Jonesboro. It was so nice! It's not a huge park, but there are things for kids of all ages there. They have big water slides and a diving board in the deep pool for the older kids, a 4 foot deep pool for the middle age kids(that's where we spent a lot of time with the babies in the floats), and then this awesome one foot play area with a huge playground in the middle and water guns, those mushroom umbrella fountains to play under, and squirting waterfalls. There is also a splash area that just shoots water fountains up from the ground. Then you can lay out all around the pool areas, and there is a concession stand too. It was such a perfect place to take the kids and I have a feeling we will be heading back several more times over the summer. Tyson loved walking around in the one foot deep area and getting sprayed with the water. He just kept squealing and splashing around. I am so glad he loves the water, since that is something Silas and I really enjoy ourselves. I will get some more pictures of the actual park next time we are there.
Here is Ty showing off his new swim suit. I had been looking for him a cute outfit for the 4th of July and found these shorts at the Children's Place this week at the mall, and they were perfect! Even better was that they were on sale, and turned out to be swimming trunks too, so he is now wearing them to swim in. I am glad he will get more use out of them over the rest of the summer:) I caught him in one of his favorite acts for this picture....pulling all our clothes out of the dresser drawers!
My little boy is standing up on his own so well now, and practices standing around not holding onto anything when he can. This is the view of him I see most often throughout my day.....standing right under my feet or pulling up on my legs. He still wants to be held all the time, which is getting harder, as you can see in the picture above that he is a little chunk!

I am getting ready for his 1st birthday coming up, but am not quite sure what we are going to do. Since we live out here, and pretty much every body that knows us is back in Searcy, we may go back there for a little party. I plan to have a turtle party for him, and already have the cake mold. I am going to practice it before hand though to make sure it turns out ok!

Other than that, everything else is going well. I went to work for the first time this week and now have a case load of 7 clients. I will work my first full day this coming week since my babysitter will be back in town. It was good to get out of the house and do a little work. I have missed it. Things are very different here in this office than they were in Searcy, so it will take a little getting used to, but it should be good. I am even looking forward to picking up a few more clients once school starts back and Tyson heads off to Mother's Day Out on Tuesday and Thursdays:)
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, your gone for like two weeks and he is changing so much- standing on his own! WOW! He is taking any steps?so it doesn't sound like your having a horrible transition. I can't wait to see your house. We are trying to plan a trip to the Memphis zoo on the 10th. It would be great if ya'll could go. Hope to see you soon- say hey to Silas from us!

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok- I am so lame and lazy! I just realized that it posted me as anonymous and I am too lazy to go find my password to log in- but its me- Laura W! :)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I can't believe he is almost 1...it seems like yesterday you were calling me to tell me he was here! I can't believe Olivia is almost 2! Where is the time going?
Take advantage of the pool; not only will you have fun and get some sun, but Ty will have so much fun he will nap/sleep hardcore!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Oh, he's getting so big and I love his swimsuit! I really cant believe he'll be a year old...where did the time go??

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home