/> SLO in Arkansas: Getting Closer!

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Getting Closer!

A lot happens every day with the house, so we have some more good pictures to show this week. We only have two more weeks to go, and I have been informed that there are A LOT of things left to finish, so it is definitely crunch time. Silas and I are going to have to stay in Jonesboro a few days next week just because of all that needs doing and approving and whatnot for the house. I guess that's how it works, they save the most stress for the very end! That does not help much in the way of me packing, but it will get done sometime I'm sure. I finished seeing clients for the last time this week and will get my paperwork wrapped up there, so they are ready to transfer to a new therapist. I have been busy doing several home studies as well these past few weeks, and should have them wrapped up next week too.

Ok, on to the pictures! The top ones are obviously of the kitchen and the cabinets. I am in love with the color, and very excited of how they turned out, since Silas and I created the color in the shop when we went to have them designed. Love it, love it, love it!!!! The cabinet guy liked them so much after we ordered them that he put these in his own business in the showroom! I love dark wood and they are just really different from cherry, which is your typical option. They also had the counter tops on yesterday afternoon, but I was so excited I forgot to take any pictures! I will save those for the next post. You can kind of see some of the lighting as well. The three pendant lights are hanging over what will be a bar that divides the kitchen from the eating area/dining room. You can click on the pictures to make them larger I believe and see a little more detail up close.
Ok, here are the floors in the kitchen and laundry room before the cabinets went in. I was pretty nervous about them as well, but I could not have imagined how well everything would look until now that it is coming together. Love the floors as well! They are much prettier really, but there is tons of dust and junk on them from all the grout and cabinets, so you can't see the true colors just yet. They need a good mopping!
This last picture is of the master bathroom with its fantastic bright blueness!! It looks better now that there are more things to balance it out, so I feel better about it already. I love the cabinets for the vanity in here as well....tons of storage space:) The counters look really good with the blue, but once again, sorry for no pictures. I will post again later with the tile color of the bathrooms too. It is definitely not the same as the kitchen since that would not have looked right with blue! They are really just a light neutral tan/beige color, which goes well with the counter tops. You can see a little of it at the bottom of the picture.
Anyway, those were the most exciting pictures from yesterday and this week. The appliances will be installed on Monday or Tuesday and the finishing touches will continue. The fireplace needs to be finished, carpet laid, as well as hardwood in the foyer. I can't wait to see it all finished soon! They are grading the yard to get it ready to sod too. Silas is especially excited about this part, since he loves landscaping and design. He drew up a plan of what we wanted and we shopped around at several nurseries to pick out all the plants and shrubs. They increased our landscape allowance a little bit because Silas wants to do all of the planting himself:) So planting everything will be a big part of what we are doing next week when he is not working. Once the yard gets done it will look like a whole new house from the outside, which is exciting. I'm sure I will do a whole post on the yard work next week!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Everything looks fabulous! Cant wait to see it all come together :)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Robert Channing said...

Love it, love it! You know I love the kitchen floors! :) And the blue in the bathroom looks great!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I can't believe how fast everything is coming together. I can't wait to get up there and see it in person.
And I promise, I will try to post belly pictures soon. I am just so tired...I can barely keep my eyes open.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home