/> SLO in Arkansas: Motherhood

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Motherhood

I never really wrote a lot about my actual Mother's day, so I thought I would do a quick post just for that. Silas surprised me before we went out of town with my gift, and I wish I had a picture of it to put on here. He kicked me out of the house one evening and spent some time with Ty making me a card. He colored his little hands and feet and made hand and foot prints for me:) Then he let Tyson "color" me a picture! He put it all together in a little book that said....To my momma on her very first mother's day. It was precious and of course made me cry:) What an amazing husband I have to be so thoughtful to do things like this for me, and what a precious son too. I have been so blessed and do not share that enough. Life has had its ups and downs, but God has been so good to me in so many ways, and that is what I was reminded of on this Mother's Day. When we were trying to get pregnant, I heard someone say that there are women out there who are mothers without children yet, and that's how I felt. Every day that I get to wake up and see those big brown eyes looking at me and that big grin, my heart melts and I just can't believe this little boy is mine. Both he and Silas make my life so full on a daily basis, and I can't ask for anything more. I have learned so much these past 10 months, much more than I can get into words for now. Being a mom is so much more than I could have ever imagined, and I am truly blessed to be able to be on this journey. Thanks to everyone who has been a part of our lives, and especially to all of the other mother's in my life that have been so supportive and encouraging. I am excited for those who are about to begin this journey as well!
ten little toes
Happy boy
My family
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Beautiful family, indeed! I love you

1:31 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I love the picture of his tiny little toes...so cute!
I got your call the other day and I will call you back later this week. On top of Robin coming, we had to have a whole new A/C System installed so it has been crazy around our house.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home