/> SLO in Arkansas: Update

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Update

No new pictures right now, but I should have some more up in the next few weeks. I can tell each week that I am growing, both by my clothes getting tighter and feeling my stomach stretching!! I put on a shirt for work last week and the poor thing didnt even make it to my waistband!! We are definitely growing in the middle!! Anyway, things are going well for all of us. I had my 22 week appointment this week and the doctor said everything looks great. I can feel the baby move now and have been enjoying this over the past few weeks. He gets really busy when we are trying to go to sleep though:) Silas also felt him move for the first time last week, so that was pretty special as well. Ive been told to enjoy this part, since it will start to hurt when he gets bigger and actually starts kicking and punching me!! I am feeling great right now and trying to enjoy that as well. Ive lost the ability to bend at the waist easily, so I am really excited for warmer weather and being able to lose the socks and shoes that tie....bring on the flip flops!! Overall things are going really well, and Im still amazed at how quickly the time has gone by.
Everything else is good in our lives right now. We are constantly re-evaluating things in our lives, as having a baby tends to make you do!! We are leaning toward moving in the near future, just to a bigger house so we have some room to grow into. Our house now is great, but quickly shrinking, and we are losing our ability to have guests due to the nursery. Since our families live in different states, having that extra room is important to us and not something we really want to live without. So we have begun the search for a new home, and are also exploring the possibility of building. Of course its a very stressful time to do this, but I know it will be for the best in the long run. We would greatly appreciate any prayers on our behalf in this area, as it is a major decision to say the least. We are probably going to sell the motorcycle as well, so if you know anyone looking for an almost new bike with under 1,000 miles on it, let me know:)
Other than the stress we add to ourselves, everything is great! The changing of seasons reminds me that summer is around the corner and our little one will be here sooner than we know:)

3 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

I so hear you on the flip flops! Nathan was born early September so I went through the last months of pregnancy in the HOT Texas summer. I remember one night Gary had to make a late night run to Wal-Mart for a fan as I was melting! :) I lived in my REEF flip-flops, I think I actually bought them at McCain Mall and would totally recommend them! They are super comfy, and supportive too! Also, are you trying that pregnancy lotion that smells a little funny but really works for your belly? I think it's cocoa butter or something like that, at Wal-Mart and I bathed in it every morning after my shower and it really worked for this girl, no stretch marks! Still a little baggy in the stomach area, but no lines :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Thanks for the advice about the lotion and where to get some good flip flops. Its hard to find supportive ones!! If you survived the Texas summer, then surely I will make it here, though its not too much better!!!

2:21 PM  
Blogger laura said...

Lauren, forgot to tell you where I bought my save your life flip flops... it may not still be there, but I bought them at that shoe store that is down at the end of the mall almost beside Eddie Bauer. It's a shoe store that sells some funky shoes, but shoes like clarks and borns too. I could just imagine you wandering the mall looking :) so maybe that will at least get you started :)

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home