/> SLO in Arkansas: It's A. . . . . ????

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's A. . . . . ????

Today has got to rank up there with one of the greatest days of my life. Silas and I found out that we are having a son yesterday, and I still can't believe it!! Being able to watch your child move, turn his head toward you when you talk to him, and see his heartbeat is the most amazing thing ever...especially because he is still in the womb! I am so glad that Silas got to be there with me as it was truly an amazing experience.
Having a boy is even more special, as I come from a predominately female family. It will also be the first grandson for my dad, and first great-grandson for my grandparents. He will also be the first grandson with the Orbison last name for Silas' parents, so that is pretty special too. Not to mention that he will be our firstborn, and a wonderful answer to prayer, which makes him all the more special to us:)
So I know the next question everyone has is...what is his name?!?!? Silas and I are lucky to be able to agree on most things and picking a name was pretty easy. As long as nothing drastic changes(like him being a girl!) we plan on calling him Tyson Rhodes Orbison, or Ty for short. I have been told some parents change their minds at the last minute too, but I'm pretty sure we will be sticking with this one!
Anyway, I am just so excited and don't really know how to put it all into words. This baby is such a blessing to us and our families, and I am so ready to meet him and watch as he grows into whatever God has in store for him to be.

P.S. Since there are no boys in my immediate family besides my dad, I will be needing and appreciate any little boy advice I can get!! I have heard they can be quite an adventure!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Shiann said...

I am SO happy for you! I had already heard about it from Paula this morning. So I went on the blog to get more info! Thanks for linking to friends, too because I found a couple of people I don't see often.

Y'all are gonna have so much fun! If you read "Bringing up Boys" temper it with some of the reality you have learned at Families...more if you wanna know later.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Eco said...

Congrats! Man, Corban is going to have her pick of the boys isn't she? And I love the name.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Our Family said...

I definitely think you should read Bringing Up Boys. I read part of it while I was pregnant, before I found out we weren't having a boy.

I am soooo excited for you guys. And I love the name!

I hope your kid doesn't pee in my face.

Love you,
Dee

5:00 PM  
Blogger laura said...

you are going to have SOOOO much fun with a little boy... I know we have! Although, I tell you what, coming from all sisters like you did... it's an adventure :) If you have any questions at all, truly any at all, feel free to email me! God bless and Congratulations!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

You guys have all been so wonderful and supportive, and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone!! I will definitely be depending on you for advice and support later on down the road as well, and we both appreciate the role each of you play in our lives.
P.S. Dee....I can pretty much guarantee you my little Ty will pee in your face at some point!! Sorry in advance!!!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home