/> SLO in Arkansas: LCSW

Friday, March 02, 2007

LCSW

WHooooHoooo!!! I passed my licensing exam yesterday and am now officially a LCSW! For those who don't know, that is the highest license I can have in my field without getting a PhD in something. I had to complete 2 years of supervised full time work following graduate school to be eligible to take the test. I actually finished my supervision back in fall of 2006, but with getting pregnant and all, have not managed to find a spare moment to study and prepare for this test until now. Boy am I glad it's over!!! When I was in college I never thought I would even go to grad school, and then in grad school I was certain I would not work full time for 2 years, so I certainly never thought this day would come. But I am glad that I went ahead and started my supervision when we moved to Searcy, or I would have worked almost 3 years here at Families Inc and still not had my license!! Things have definitely worked out well professionally, and for that I am grateful.
So what does this license mean for me in the future? Well, first off it gives me a lot more flexibility and opportunity work wise. I can now become a contract worker since I no longer require supervision, which means I dont have to work full time once the baby is born this summer:) That was my main objective in getting it. I also can now supervise others who are working toward this license, and could have my own private practice if I wanted (I dont). Mostly it just gives me a higher qualification and allows me to have more options in the field. The best part of it is that I never have to take another licensing test again as long as I keep this one current!! That puts the biggest smile on my face:) I also wanted to mention that a co-worker and I took the test together and we both passed! We also did our 2 year supervision together, so this was a big and wonderful accomplishment to be able to share with someone:) Good job Helen!!! Now the only thing I have to get used to is writing LCSW after my name instead of LMSW:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Eco said...

Congrats! I'm sure that's a relief for you. See you tomorrow.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Our Family said...

Congrats! I'm excited for you.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Shiann Metheny said...

That rocks! I know how hard you worked. I continue to be so proud of you!!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home