/> SLO in Arkansas: Ready to Run!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Ready to Run!

I can't believe how fast my half marathon has gotten here. I guess when the days and weeks are packed full, they just fly by! I will run the half this coming Saturday. I change my mind daily on my plan for this race. One day I am going to race it all out with huge time goals, and the next I am just going to take it easy and enjoy having lots of people to run with on my long run for the week:) I won't really make up my mind until Friday night or the morning of the race. It all depends on the weather, and how I am feeling. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and we sat out in the rain for a while at the ASU football game this weekend, so I am really hoping I don't get a cold this week. I am going to take it easy running and just try to rest a bit this week and hopefully I will feel rested and fast when Saturday morning rolls around:)

I ran 16 miles this past Saturday morning at 5:30 am. I really wasn't feeling it! I was tired and would have rather stayed in bed than run for 2 hours and 44 minutes, but we got it done. This is where having a running buddy is priceless. There is no way I would have made myself go if she wasn't going to be there waiting for me. We talked each other through it and checked it off the schedule. I will tell you what....I enjoy marathon training up until 16 miles. There is just something about hitting that kind of mileage that makes it not be as much fun anymore!! My feet are torn to pieces with blisters everywhere, and no matter how much I try to prevent it, something is going to chafe after running almost 3 hours straight! I am at the point where it just gets very time consuming, and the long runs just really wear you out. Despite that, I am still having fun, and very thankful for the mild weather and fun running partner I have. Talking for hours makes the miles fly by thankfully, and it is so nice to have someone to encourage you along when you get tired. We have a few more weeks until we bump it up to 18 and 20 miles, and then it will be time to taper as we head towards the race. It really has seemed to go fast this time around, even though I have been training a lot longer than I did for Little Rock. I ran 32 miles this week in 4 days, which is my highest training mileage to date. I don't really get sore anymore, thank goodness. Just a little stiff the morning after a long run, and sometimes the bottom of my feet hurt from the hours of pounding the ground. I can tell my body is handling the training a lot better this time around since it has done it all before, and I have quite a few less pounds to drag around. 10 more weeks til the marathon! I am sure it will go fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home