/> SLO in Arkansas: Mom's 60th Birthday

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mom's 60th Birthday

Wow, what a fun weekend we had celebrating my mom's 60th birthday! My sisters and I (with awesome help from our Dad) have been planning a surprise birthday for my mom for the past month or so. We pulled it off perfectly, if I do say so myself! We all packed up the kids and headed to Nashville Saturday morning to meet at my parent's house. We all skittered in right on time and were hanging out in the kitchen when they got home from their morning outing. She was surprised to say the least:)

We all hung out and visited for the afternoon, enjoying a perfect middle TN fall day. The kids ran like crazy around the yard chasing each other and enjoying catching up with their cousins. They played croquet, tag, dug in the dirt, and cheered their G-daddy on while he mowed the yard. It was precious. The grown-ups enjoyed the cool weather and sat outside or in the hammock chatting and watching the kids play. Then the real fun began. The men played a vital role in our plan, and we are so thankful for their willingness to help us out! Since we have 6 kids between the 3 of us girls all under the age of 5, it has been a long time since we have spent any uninterrupted time together with mom. We left all the kids with the men, got dressed up, and took mom out on the town!

We headed to downtown Franklin where we walked up and down perusing all the awesome shops. These are the kind of shops I would never set foot in if I had my kids with me, so it was quite a treat to browse and not worry about my boys breaking anything:) After shopping we hit the Starbucks for a Pumpkin Spice Latte which was perfect for the fall day. We shopped some more before heading to our dinner. Caroline had made us reservations at a perfect local place called Red Pony in Franklin. It was trendy and cute and lively, and oh my goodness, the food was amazing!!! Renee met up with us after work and the 4 of us girls ate and ate and talked and laughed for hours together. It was so much fun, and much needed time together:) Life gets so hectic and crazy raising small children and I really cherish this time I had to reconnect with my sisters and Mom. I am not sure who had more fun!

We headed back to the house full and content, and had a blast celebrating mom and a new decade. The guys had a bonfire for the kids and they roasted marshmallows, which were a big hit! It was a fast trip, but I love the memories we created. We all headed home the next morning to get back to our crazy lives, but I am so thankful for our time together and the blessing of family:) Hope you enjoyed your birthday Mom!! I love you!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

You blogged it just perfectly...what a great weekend! Love you, Bar.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home