/> SLO in Arkansas: Pottery Barn Vs. WWF

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pottery Barn Vs. WWF

How can something this cute be so destructive??! I grew up with girls, all girls. We were sweet:) Well, I was the tomboy, so I was the dirty destructive one, but that is beside the point! Anyway, my current dilemma is a decorating/storage issue. It's driving me crazy too. I am trying to organize all the toys and at least provide the boys with a place to store everything on shelves in their room or closet. They make a big mess, but at least we can clean it up:)

The problem comes with the fact that I have visions of cute Pottery Barn like rooms filled with colorful bins all nicely placed on the shelf with cute labels and toys right where they belong. But in reality, my adorable children break everything they touch....especially if it is pretty or if mommy likes it! They love things to death, literally. I have been using clear plastic shoe boxes for storage of small toys, which are functional, but not cute or pretty at all. But my children stand on them, crush them, ride down the stairs in them, etc. They are very creative with the ways in which they crush them to pieces. So not even functional is working anymore. Baskets wouldn't stand a chance with these two. Cloth bins won't last more than a day (they LOVE to climb inside these and stretch them out). I actually found some clear plastic Hefty tubs at Lowe's that are called, "virtually indestructible," but I wouldn't put my money on those, plus they are ugly!

Silas finally found a huge black box which he deemed perfect for toy storage in their rooms. I took one look at it and said, yep, that will work, but it is black plastic and made for the GARAGE!! It's not cute, pretty, or anything. Sigh. Life with boys. I am at a total loss here on how to resolve what I want with reality. How in the world do you combine Pottery Barn with Wrestle mania/King Kong??

I am open to suggestions if you have any!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if you spray painted them to a color you like? Or paint them with chalkboard paint that way you can write on them?
-Brandy

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home