/> SLO in Arkansas: 32

Sunday, August 21, 2011

32

I am really loving my 30's so far, and am really hoping that 32 is as awesome as 31 was:) It will be hard to top, but that is what I am going for! My actual birthday was in the middle of the week and we just ignored it for the most part and went about business as usual. I had fun going to the store and picking out my presents later in the week with Silas and the boys. They got me some new running shoes and an ipod shuffle, which I love!! I can't wait to get out and run more now:) I also opted for no cake this year, since Jace will have a birthday next week and we will definitely be eating cake for his celebration! I just couldn't be trusted with two cakes in two weeks in the house:)

Some awesome friends from church offered to keep the boys so we could go out this weekend, and we were so excited to take them up on the offer!! Silas and I rarely go anywhere by ourselves (unless the boys are in school for a few hours and then it is usually a local lunch), so we couldn't wait to get dressed up and do something fancy. We were going to try a nice steakhouse in town, but decided at the last minute to head to Memphis for our favorite treat.....the Melting Pot:) We always feel so strange leaving the state for dinner, but it was fun to drive and talk uninterrupted for over an hour and eat in peace!

My birthday dinner date was fantastic! I could eat cheese fondue every day. We ate and ate until we were stuffed and barely had room for dessert. I am the weirdo who left the cheesecake untouched on the plate and ate everything else! It took us about 2 hours to eat dinner which was such a treat, and very different from the usually hurried meals out with the boys. I think it's a good thing we don't have a Melting Pot closer....we would be huge and broke for sure! It was wonderful:)

Silas made sure to watch carefully how things were made so we can try some of our own at the house. I can't wait! The boys had a blast while we were gone and were so excited to tell us everything they had done. We are so thankful for special people who love on our boys and give us a small break:) I had a great birthday and am excited to see what this year holds for me. Maybe it will be my best yet!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

You are the prettiest birthday girl in the world! I have not been to a Melting Pot in many years and I'm thinking it may be time:) What an awesome little escape for yall. Glad you had a romantic evening, love you

11:41 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Awww, thanks Caroline! You should definitely go to a Melting Pot soon. I love it so much every time! Love you too:)

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home