/> SLO in Arkansas: CrAzy

Friday, September 09, 2011

CrAzy

I think I might actually be at risk of losing my mind in the near future. As long as it comes back, I guess that is ok! I have really been struggling to adjust to our schedule since school started back, and I am at the point where I am just feeling completely overwhelmed. I know it's just a phase, so I'm not letting it get me down(too much), but the stress is really taking a toll on me. I keep hoping that each new week I will get my to-do list down a bit, but it seems to be growing instead. Work is the main thing overwhelming me at this point, and I know it is just because I got so far behind over the summer months with not having regular babysitting. Things have really built up, and suddenly everything is falling into the Urgent category! Yuck. I am not sleeping well at all, and have seen almost every hour on the clock some nights this week. It doesn't help that I am also getting up at 4:45 or 5am some mornings to run. The days are very long, and the nights are very short at this point! I am just doing the best I can everyday to get done what I can, since I know that's all I can do:) I am just ready to have a nice relaxing day for once, and enjoy this awesome weather and do something fun. Hopefully tomorrow will be great. We got tickets for the whole family to the home opener of the Arkansas State football game, and are taking the boys to their first real game!! We are tailgating with a group of friends beforehand and the game starts at 6pm. We are all really excited about some good ole college football and food!

My running is going really well, but the miles are starting to stack up now. I ran 14 miles this morning before 8am. It was a great run, and absolutely beautiful fall weather. 58 degrees when we started and nice and cool. I loved it! I am at the point where I have to put more thought into running though. I can't just walk out of the door and run for 2 1/2 hours with no preparation. Running isn't really stressing me out, but it's just one more thing to plan for and squeeze in some days. I am in the hardest part of training now too. The next runs will be 14, 16, 18 miles, then I race a half marathon, then 16, 18 and 20 miles before I start to taper for the marathon in December. It is pretty time consuming, and time is something I don't have a lot of these days! I am feeling strong though, and have added a 4th day of running during the week when I am able. I am also trying to push my pace down on my shorter weekday runs, which feels great! I am just really enjoying this training cycle so far, and hope it continues to go this well to the finish:)

I know this is just a busy time in life and it will all settle down soon. Some days I just feel a little crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home