/> SLO in Arkansas: My Youngest

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

My Youngest

Here's a couple of pictures from the past few weeks of my youngest little guy. Jace is 7 1/2 months old now:) He eats like a horse. Daily. I am already thinking of ways to cut things out so we can up our grocery budget. These two boys are going to eat me out of the house, and they are still TINY. They may be getting an eating fund instead of a college fund if they aren't careful!! Here is what one meal looks like for Jace these days. Place Jace in highchair. Immediately hand him a mum mum cracker to eat while getting his food ready. Hurry and make food before he starts hollering. Mix one 4 oz jar of baby food stage 2 with oatmeal cereal (to thicken it up and make it go farther), and feed that to him once mum mum #1 is gone. This is a whole bowl full of food once the cereal is mixed in. Once that is shoveled down, hand him mum mum #2 to eat. Feed him another 4 oz. jar of food after that. Pour a huge pile of Puffs on the tray for him to munch on for 2 minutes while you eat your own meal. Once those are gone, start in with the saltine crackers. He usually eats about 3-4 while we are finishing our meal. Frequently there may be a mum mum #3 and possibly #4. Wash the crackers down with some water/apple juice from a sippy cup. Quickly put his paci back in his mouth to wash him up and get him out of the chair before he notices he has stopped eating!!! Repeat 2 or 3 times daily. We have also started feeding him some random table food when it is something he can eat, like mashed potatoes. Eats most of what comes near his mouth. I am not sure we have ever filled him up yet. I just cut him off because I can't afford the kid to eat 4 jars of food at every sitting!!! He has gained over a pound in the past 2 weeks!!! I have to admit I love his chunky little thighs though:)
Hanging out in the bean bag chair.
More eating...of course. I am telling you, the boy puts it away!!!!
My Easter cutie. I know, I know....there is candy in his Easter basket. He did get a book and a ride/push toy, but I needed some filler stuff for his basket. Of course Tyson ate all of the baby's candy for him! Anyway, Jace is doing good and growing so fast. He is also cutting some new teeth and has been pretty cranky the past week or so. I hope he has a mouth full once this is over so we can move on:)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home