/> SLO in Arkansas: Life on the Homefront

Monday, February 22, 2010

Life on the Homefront

....is grand:) Life is good y'all!!! There are so many things I am thankful for lately. Making the decision to take a break from work was definitely hard, but has been SO worth it! Since I have been off it has been all about finding balance and peace and identifying areas that are out of whack and making positive changes. The month of February has flown by, but as it draws to a close I can say that I feel I have made tons of progress in the right direction:)

Health: I did pretty good losing the baby weight at first, and then the crazy train happened when we decided to move and stressful eating took over, so that department has not been going the best. I have taken some very active steps in this area that are already paying off, thank goodness!! I have got about 15 pounds I would love to lose, and here is my plan of attack. I have started working out 3 times per week at least. I went back to my old love....Tae Bo. I will tell you what, nothing works your butt off like that Billy Blanks. I am alternating between the 8 minute and 30 minute workouts, depending on how much time and energy I have that day:) I have done them 3 times a week every single week this month, and can feel my energy level growing, my strength returning and a little less wiggly around the middle:) I switched to diet Dr. Pepper only (no regular cokes), and am working on getting rid of carbonated drinks totally. I am drinking tons more water daily, taking my vitamins, trying to get to bed about an hour sooner, and not eating as much junk food. I have started meal planning weekly, cooking (now that I am home at dinner time!) and counting some calories. Oh yes, the most effective but hardest part of this whole healthy lifestyle change.....NOT eating after dinner!!! Pretty sure I snack myself into oblivion every night on the couch watching TV, which can't be good. I started all of this about 9 days ago and have lost 4.2 pounds, so something must be working. Hold me accountable people...I really need to keep this up!!

Kids: Tyson and Jace are delightful:) Most days! Jace will be 6 months old on Friday. Tyson is cruising at 2 1/2. I feel like we are falling into some semblance of a good routine lately. I know it will change soon, but for now things are working. I have figured out how to get their afternoon naps coordinated (finally) which some days gives me a good 2 hours of glorious QUIET!! Of course a lot of times Jace's morning nap will screw the whole thing up and some days I get about 5 minutes of down time, if that. We just roll with it though, and I feel awesome on the days...like today....when they both go down at the same time:) Jace is cutting teeth so he has been a little cranky, not eating well, and a lot of drool. Hopefully they will break through soon and give us all a little relief. Tyson is still talking up a storm and is hilarious. That kid makes me laugh all the time with his little phrases and comments throughout the day. He is such a happy boy and you can't help but smile when you are around him. Although he is having a bit of a "not listening" phase too. We are working that out of him though:) I am really enjoying the boys, and have figured out how to get most things done with them by myself now. I can do Walmart, get the house clean, etc. It takes some planning, but we get it done.

Work: I am still working at church on Mondays and am really enjoying it. It gives me a little something to use my brain on but is not overwhelming at all. I have no plans to go back to my other job yet. I still have the whole month of March off at the least, and we will just take it a day at a time from there:) Silas is doing well at work, and things are still perking along at the pallet company. I am very thankful for his job and hours and that he is a hard worker to provide for us.

House/Projects: We feel pretty settled here at the new house now. I still have some pictures to hang (who doesn't!) but the big stuff is done. Really I just have some fabulous spring cleaning projects I plan to tackle over the next several months which should hopefully knock out anything left I am needing to get done. What's on my list?? Let's see...
1) Clean out/organize the garage. There are still quite a few random boxes to unpack, but there is no room left in the house, so they will be staying in the garage. I would love to get everything in there organized, but it has been so stinkin cold that you can't spend much time out there. This will definitely be a spring/warmer weather project.
2) Organize all the closets in the house. They are a disaster, which is VERY unlike me. I was focused on getting things unpacked at the time and not on making them pretty. Now I need pretty!
3) Finish hanging the random pictures on the walls
4) FINISH THE MASTER BATHROOM! The biggest thing of them all by far. We have learned that we really aren't project people! But we are pushing ahead and going to get this sucker finished, hopefully in the next few weeks. I need my bathroom back:)
5) Turn in my taxes. Yuck.
6) Replace some baseboards in the living room.
I am also planning to tackle potty training Tyson:) Good times ahead for sure!

Life in general: Is good! We are having fun watching some shows on TV, loving the Olympics, and spending time together as a family. Church has been awesome and we are really enjoying getting to know other families lately. I am still attending Ladies Bible Class which has been great. I have Girls Night Out once a month with my church friends, Silas and some buddies have started a Guys Night Out too, and are having fun. We try to plan lots of play dates with friends during the week too which I love. Silas and I are going to work harder at getting away and having more dates. The kids do fine with babysitters and we really need to make this more of a priority. I am still dreaming of spring and the few days we have had in the 50's have inspired me!! I am happy, calm, rested, energized, determined and mostly just thankful for this season in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home