/> SLO in Arkansas: Just Checking In

Friday, March 05, 2010

Just Checking In

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I am on my laptop and don't have them on this computer. Anyway, just a quick report on progress so far. The exciting news is that I have lost 7 pounds since I have started my healthy living plan:) I am pretty happy with my progress so far, especially since it has only been 3 weeks and I am really working hard to do well in lots of areas. I have been trying some new food and so far we have found several things we all really enjoy as a family. I think the biggest thing I have noticed is that I really don't crave plain sugary stuff anymore, and that when I do eat junk my body is not very happy. The sunshine and warmer temps have really got me motivated to get moving outside more...I have mapped out a route that I have started walking and will start running it in the near future:) We have some killer hills around our neighborhood which makes it a lot tougher than it seems too.

I am having a great time with my couponing!!! I have found several great deals (free stuff!) and am learning how to be more frugal in all areas of my shopping. I did a pretty good job of this before, but it is really helping overall. This week I found some great stuff at Old Navy and got Tyson $101 worth of new clothes for only $37!!! Everything was on sale plus I had a 15% off coupon:) I seriously bought him some long sleeved shirts for $1.25. How awesome is that??!! I am having a hard time even thinking about buying more clothes at the consignment sales when I can find deals like that on brand new name brand stuff.

Spring is in the air!!! I LOVE it!! The sun makes me so happy and much more energized:) We have taken advantage of the sunny days and have played outside as much as possible. The house gets a lot of natural light too throughout the day, which I LOVE:) Speaking of the house....have I mentioned how much I love it??! It has felt so much like home since we moved here and is so comfortable. The space is awesome for our family and so functional. I am just so thankful that we found this house. It will be totally awesome once we get our bathroom finished too:) We have grand plans for the outside as well. Silas and I are much more of the outdoorsy project kind of people, and have started making our wish list for the wonderful projects we want to do in the yard and with landscaping. I don't even know where to start! I am really looking forward to cleaning the yard up and making it our own. I love yard work!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Lauren--tell me your secret! How you are finding these deals?! Are there sites you check or are you diligent about checking everywhere?

Your boys are getting too big and cute! It's great to have the Moseys back in the States, huh?

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home