/> SLO in Arkansas: Little "T"

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Little "T"

Man how fast my little guy is growing up. Where in the world did my baby go???! Tyson is a little over 2 1/2 years old now and amazes me daily on how much of a big kid he is. So here is my bragging post about my firstborn:)
I am not sure of his exact stats, but the kid is big! He weighs about 34.5 pounds right now. Not sure how tall, but he is basically at least the size of most 3 and some 4 year olds! He wears 3T and 4T shirts and pants. The adjustable waists make the bigger sizes fit his little waist, but length wise they do great. Almost all of his friends at church are at least a year or two (or three) older than him, and I forget at times that he is only 2!!!
He is still a show-off, the life of the party, a non-stop talker, etc. He talks without ceasing (don't know where he gets that from!) and we are finally able to have actual conversations now that his vocabulary is huge:) He blurts out the funniest phrases and is constantly cracking me up. He continues to have a passion for singing (gets that from his daddy) and we love to sing songs all the time. Most of everything we do turns into some type of song. His favorites right now are "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord," "Jesus Loves Me," "Barbara Ann (Beach Boys), and his name song. I sing him a little diddy spelling his name out and Jace's name out and he loves to hear those quite often:)
What else about Ty at 2.5 years old?? The kid eats wonderfully and likes a lot of healthy stuff. He loves lettuce and any kind of salad. He prefers plain Cheerios to any other kind of sugary cereal. He loves apples, pears, grapes, almonds, cashews, and peanuts. His most common requests for lunch are pizza and chicken salad!! He knows exactly how to make home made chicken salad too, because he helps me make it several times each week. He is crazy about trains and trucks, and could play in the dirt all day long. He knows how to ride his big wheel and pedal correctly. He can ride his scooter correctly and he drives his motorized jeep with one hand like he has been doing it for YEARS!! Cracks me up, especially when he has his ski goggles on his head at the same time:) He can recognize about half the alphabet and bring me whatever letter I ask for. He knows lots of words that start with the different letters too. He counts to 12 and then gets a little mixed up in the teens:)

He sleeps wonderfully at night from 830 pm til about 7 or 730 am most days, and usually wakes up in the best mood. Of course he also wakes up going 90 miles an hour so I try to beat him up to get my head on straight:) He takes an afternoon nap for about one and a half to two and a half hours every day. He is pretty flexible about when this nap occurs, which is nice. Oh, and the best thing ever......he is paci free as of this week!!! Yay for smooth transitions!!! We had cut the silly thing in half about a month ago and the kid just keeps taking it no matter what, so I finally just didn't give it to him one day and told him it was for tiny babies and he hasn't had it since. Hasn't affected his sleeping really at all either, thank goodness! He is also potty training pretty seriously, so lots of big changes going on right now. He has made some major leaps with this in the past two days as he has told me twice when he needs to go rather than me asking or just taking him. And we are having lots more dry diapers throughout the day. I think I found my magic motivator with him.....Jelly beans!!!

Anyway, he is just precious and I love him to pieces:) He adores going to Bible class and school (mother's day out) and is the BEST big brother in the world. He thinks the world of Jace and loves on him, pats his back and says "thats ok brother!" when he is fussing, and gets so excited when we go in Jace's room to get him up from a nap. He shares his snacks (crackers) and toys with him easily and is just so stinking sweet to him. I love how precious they are together. Jace's little face gets the biggest grin when he sees his "brother" coming and he adores watching every move Tyson makes. I can't wait to see how much fun these two guys have growing up:) I just can't believe how fast it all goes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous erh41251@aol.com said...

great use of foam puzzle pieces-- leg candy!!!! Love that guy, me-maw

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home