/> SLO in Arkansas: Mama Said There Would Be Days Like This....

Friday, April 02, 2010

Mama Said There Would Be Days Like This....

Man oh man this week has kicked my tail. There are a million and one things I need to be doing, so I thought taking a break and writing a post would be nice and relaxing. Then I looked everywhere for my camera to upload some pictures and of course I left it in the car...the car that Silas has at church. Uggghhh. Yep...it has just been one of those weeks.

So I will just sit here cramming M & M's in my face and rant about it all with no pictures!! I guess I have to say first off that single parents have my utmost and highest respect. I have no idea how you do it all by yourself. Silas has been participating in an Easter drama put on by our church this past week, and I have found myself to be home alone with the kids from the minute they wake up until past their bedtime each night. It has been a LONG week!!! Especially when the boogers decide to wake up at 6:40 am....anyway. It wouldn't have been quite as bad if I didn't have three home studies I desperately needed to finish this week as well hanging over my head. I will spare you all the whining and complaining details between last Sunday and tonight, but lets just say there are a lot of tired people in this house, lots of dirty dishes, toys everywhere, and one worn-out mama!!!

But let's look on the positive side of things! It's over tonight and I will have my awesome and wonderfully HELPFUL husband back, all to myself again!!! He does much more than I realized once he wasn't around to do it!!! The kids miss him like crazy too. We did manage to get quite a bit accomplished this week despite the craziness of it all, including raking all the leaves up in the yard and doing some weeding. Our yard is blooming like crazy with all kinds of pretty flowers and plants left by the previous owners. It has been so much fun watching each week to see what pops up next and where:) I have managed to get several wonderful walks in around the neighborhood, including one lovely mid-day walk pushing Jace in the stroller while Tyson was at school on Thursday. I managed to squeeze in some fun girl time/shopping for deals at Walgreen's with a friend last night after the kids were in bed. I did three loads of laundry today (washed, dried, and put away my friends!!). Completed and turned in all three of my home studies, thank goodness. And at 8:39 pm tonight, I managed to change out of my pajamas from last night that had spit up all over them(thanks Jace), and into some fresh pj's:) And then I had a snack attack and managed to find an almost entire package of wonderfully lovely chocolate M&M's that I have already devoured. Did I mention I ate a bowl of fruit Loops, 4 Kalamata olives, 3 slices of an apple and a hunk of cheese for most of the day?? Thank goodness for our taco salad for dinner or I would have starved to death! And speaking of starving to death, I am pretty proud to say I have lost almost 13 pounds in the past 7 weeks. No, I am not starving myself either. We are eating healthier by far and getting lots more exercise. I am enjoying the change and feeling lots better overall. Still got a ways to go yet, but I am very pleased with the progress so far. And I am having fun doing it, which is just icing on the cake.....man cake sounds good!!!

Anyway, I am really just writing all of this for myself, to document the crazy phase of life I am in right now. Because I know it's true...I'm gonna miss this. My sweet little crazy guys are growing up so fast and some days/weeks just seem like a blur. This has definitely been one of them. I am looking forward to a weekend of rest, catching up, enjoying Silas' company again, and celebrating our risen Lord on Sunday!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hattie said...

I hope that next week is much better! Hang in there!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Well, those pounds you've been losing are turning up on ME, thanks a lot! I'm proud of you, Bar. You survived the week and everyone is alive:) Hopefully you can sneak away for an hour or two sometime in the coming days and be to yourself for a bit. Call me if you want to chat this week, I LOVE YOU and think you're a great mama!! Happy Easter

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home