/> SLO in Arkansas: Ain't No Cure for the Winter Time Blues

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Ain't No Cure for the Winter Time Blues

Oh man I really really really dislike the winter. Winter time is so hard for me, and I am so blah lately. It is like it just sucks the life right out of me. I definitely struggle with seasonal blahs every winter....I need sunshine to function!! I am such an outdoor person, and I go crazy having to be inside all day every day. Everything is cold and dead and gray and yucky. Well, I take that back, the snow is beautiful and I really do enjoy it, but it's only here for a few days for the whole winter:) I love November and December with the festiveness of the holidays, and I can tolerate the beginning of January with New Year's and Silas' birthday, but then the gloominess sets in. The fun is over and it's cold and dark and just dreary. I feel so listless and restless and unmotivated. And I am tired of being in the house all the time. Maybe this wasn't the best time ever to take a break from working!! Now I don't have a reason to leave the house at all some days, which makes me a little crazy:) Luckily we have been scheduling as many play dates with friends as possible which has really helped in the interaction department. I am so ready for Spring! I want to spend my days outside. I love Spring, Summer and Fall:) I have eaten all the chili I want to eat, I have enjoyed sitting by cozy fires and drinking hot chocolate, and now I am ready to get back to regular life. My little boy needs to run around a space bigger than our living room! So for now I am just looking out the window at all the snow on the ground and dreaming of sun drenched days, the first tiny sprigs of green grass, colorful flowers, the smell after a summer thunderstorm, the sound of water lapping against the side of our boat, Jimmy Buffet and Bob Marley songs, freshly mowed lawns, cold sweet tea and suntan lotion. Ahhh, now that is life right there guys. Just a few more months.......:)
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger The Timmers said...

Maybe I can bottle some of our warm weather and sunshine and send it to you! (Remember when we all went nuts last March and thought about driving to New Orleans to find warmer weather?) It'll come soon, hang in there!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

OK I accidentally posted my comment signed into Blogger as the Timmers for when I do the ministry blog, sorry!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Carisse said...

Gal, you need to find some winter sports for you and the guys. Srsly.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home