/> SLO in Arkansas: Just Random

Friday, February 05, 2010

Just Random

I have been all deep and introspective the past few weeks. Not sure why. Maybe it is because I actually have the time to think for more than 5 seconds now that my life isn't so chaotic!!! I just realized recently that I am in my 30's. Pretty silly considering I turned 30 back in August!! But I was busy having a baby the next week and then moving and dealing with life, so apparently it has just hit me that I am officially in the 30's. I feel better now that Silas has joined me:) We went to the Melting Pot in Memphis to celebrate our transition into a new decade together. We ate our little hearts out. It was the first time we have been out together alone since Jace was born....it was wonderful, and way overdue. I guess the there have been lots of thoughts swirling around in my little head. It felt strange to be out alone, just the two of us. I have gotten so used to being someone's mom, being in charge of a little person, and the diaper bag, etc, etc. It felt pretty scandalous to actually leave the state just to go out to dinner!!! I also realized I am very much in the stay-at-home mom phase of life. You know, the standard sweats or jeans uniform and t-shirt (whatever doesn't show spit up, snot, etc). I am not a dressy person whatsoever in general, but it was tough to actually get a little spruced up to go out. I didn't really even have many options!!! So I have been thinking about a bit of a 30's makeover. It sounds dramatic doesn't it...but lets face it. If you know me, that means buying a new pair of jeans and maybe a shirt that isn't a pull-over jacket!!! It is about time to get my hair cut too. I had it cut before Jace was born, so I am about due for my once a year haircut:) Yeah, we really need to work on the hair-do too:) I guess I am just feeling a little out of sorts. I know as moms we tend to put ourselves last in the taking care of others department, and unfortunately it shows. I am feeling much more energized after just a week or so off from work, and am ready to try to regain a little control over some of the crazy parts of my life that I have let go. Hopefully I can make some positive changes on the inside and out that make me feel better overall. I am excited to be 30, and am looking forward to whatever this new decade has in store:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Thirty and flirty, baby! I hear you about "letting yourself go" and I suppose some things are necessary to let go of and some things you really can keep up if it matters to you. Looking forward to discussing your makeover!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home