/> SLO in Arkansas: This and That

Monday, April 20, 2009

This and That

Just a random post of what we have been up to the past month or so, plus a few cute pictures of the family:) Tyson loves shoes, especially ones that aren't his, and I caught him walking around in daddy's shoes a few weeks back:)
Like father like son. I caught my boys lounging on the couch watching TV and eating snacks together. Too cute:)
Wow...I haven't seen Silas all decked out in a long time!!! I hate that it took two funerals for us to finally buy him a suit, but I am glad we did! I see him in dirty work clothes all the time with a baseball hat and had forgotten how hot he looks all dressed up!!!
Ty Ty has loved playing with all his old baby gear as I have been pulling things out of the attic in preparation for Jace. He explores everything and has a ball playing in the nursery. I remember when he actually looked tiny in his car seat...now he looks like a giant!

Everything else is going well. Spring is definitely in the air and we have had a wonderful rainy season. As always, I have loved watching the world transform and new life begin after a long and cold winter. We bought a few petunias and azaleas this week and planted them in our front beds in the yard. I am so happy to finally have a little splash of color in the yard. We went very simple with our landscaping last year when we moved in and tried to just get a basic foundation of plants. I have been patiently waiting all year to get to add to it and fill in a few gaps with flowers:) I wish I had tons of money to spend on landscaping all at once, but I know this will be a work in progress! Silas found me a beautiful hanging basket of wave petunias for the back porch, and I love being able to see it out the window:)

I have had some serious nesting feelings lately (or maybe its just my normal obsession with things to be clean!) and have tried to tackle a few spring cleaning projects around the house. Luckily there hasn't been too much to do, since we haven't even lived here a year! It has been good to de-clutter a bit here and there and re-organize some places that have not gotten much attention. I am constantly having to re-evaluate my organizational system and adjust it to life with an ever changing toddler:) They get into EVERYTHING! The fun part has been having a little shadow follow me around the house. Tyson is in that "helping" phase and wants to do everything I do. He is great at helping me put wet clothes in the dryer, adding the dryer sheet, and closing the door. He also sweeps the floor with me, is in charge of turning the vacuum on and off, and wiping down the bathtub. I sure hope this desire to help out continues for a while, so I try to nurture it and let him do as much as possible!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

What a sweet little helper! He is getting so big and busy:) He'll be an awesome big brother, I can already tell

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home