/> SLO in Arkansas: Mama's Boy

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Mama's Boy

I love this little boy! Tyson has been so much fun these past few weeks, and I just can't get enough of him! He continues to bless my life every day and I am super thankful for him:) He has changed so much, and is a little mini me! Everything he does, Silas sighs and says, "oh look, he does......(fill in the blank).....just like you!" This morning at breakfast it was, oh look, he tears his food up and pinches out the middle of the cinnamon rolls, just like you:) That's my boy! I love the pictures of me and my boy, and these top two are actually from earlier today. Please excuse Tyson's mangled face in the top picture. He has had several unfortunate run-ins with furniture and a wicker basket this afternoon, and will probably end up with a black eye.
One of his new things is to go between people's legs, and Silas caught him trying it on me today. He is very strong though, and pushes quite hard when he does it. I'm sure I will get knocked over before long!
Here is little mohawk man in the tub this weekend. I am so pleased we can do this with his hair, since I worried he would never get any for so long! I think he looks super cute and tough with the mohawk, though we haven't sported it out of the tub just yet:)
I think the thing I am loving more than anything right now, is that I am mama, and mama can fix anything, or make anything better. I waited for a long time to get to be a mom, and it has been so rewarding in this respect. When he cries, I am the first person he looks for and comes running to for some special lovin. A few seconds of snuggling and everything is all better. I love knowing that I can comfort him to the fullest with just a hug and a few kisses and I love yous. I wish it would stay that easy and simple forever, but I know it won't. I just hope he doesn't stop running to me when he hurts, no matter what it causing it. I have been so happy watching this little fellow learn and grow, and am humbled at the responsibility of helping guide and shape his character. He is independent and fearless and cheerful and full of passion, even if that comes out in a temper at times. I hope I can show him how to use all of these wonderful gifts to the fullest of his ability, and in good ways. I am also infinitely thankful that God has given him the best father in the world. Silas may not be perfect, but he is often wise beyond his years, and I can think of no better example for Tyson on how to be a good man. I know I have gotten all sappy on you, and I apologize. I have had an emotional week for some lovely reason and have to get all the mushiness out somehow!! I love my boys more than words can ever express and am thanking God for them:)
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

It's just a sappy time of year, I think! Things I noticed about this post: Ty is adorable. Your hair is longer than mine now. You love your boys just as much as I love mine! I really can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren,

You are such a WONDERFUL mama.

Tyson is so lucky to have such a blessing for a mom and dad.

Merry Christmas,

KayLynne

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home