/> SLO in Arkansas: Ty is 15 Months Old

Monday, October 20, 2008

Ty is 15 Months Old

Tyson is 15 months old this week. And his new amazing skill is still climbing...on....everything! He is so fast and strong that it's hard to keep up sometimes too. No major falls yet though, thank goodness! Let's see, what's been going on with us lately? We have made it half way through our crazy month of October, and are doing good:) I loved participating in the Race for the Cure with friends from Searcy last weekend, and also enjoyed my first night away from the boys. Silas is an excellent father and held down the fort with no problems. Then this past weekend I was able to go to Memphis to meet up with friends from high school for Stephanie's bachelorette party. We had a great time catching up and hanging out. It is so rare to get some good girl time in these days, especially a whole night without having to change diapers and get baths. It was wonderful! Again, I have my wonderful husband to thank for keeping things under control at home while I was gone yet again overnight. I have one more crazy weekend coming up this weekend with the wedding in Nashville, and then we should at least be at home for the next few weeks. I am sensing that Silas will be needing a much deserved break and maybe he will get to go hunting or something fun for himself.
We busted out the fall food this week too and I have been loving it! Silas made his hot chocolate mix which has been wonderful, and we have stuff to make sm'ores with our next fire. I will be making a pot of chili this week too, and I can't wait. The weather has been perfect and I wish it would stay this way forever! We took Ty to the park Saturday morning for a bit and all enjoyed being outside in the coolness. He loves the playground, and we took some bread to feed the ducks and geese there.
I love this picture! He looks like a little elf! These are my down slippers that keep your feet snuggly warm in the winter. He loves shoes and has fun trying all of ours on:) I am super excited this week to be having our friends from Texas here to visit. Brandy, Jonathon and Olivia are coming to stay with us on Thursday on their way to Indiana this week. I can't wait to catch up with them and watch the kids play too:)
Here is Tyson showing off his mad skills by being in the chair he just climbed. He is such a big kid:) My dad and Bill were here for work this past week and took us out to eat at Shogun....my favorite place:) Tyson has been scared of the fire there since they cook your food at your table. He did a lot better this time, and made some great friends too. The workers at the restaurant LOVE him to pieces there, and spoil him rotten. It was so funny to watch. They give him candy, tons of fortune cookies, and talk to him like crazy. This time, the two waitresses even took him out of his highchair and played with him while we ate our dinner! He got to play with the cash register and wander around like he owned the place. One girl told us she was going to take him home with her! He usually gets a lot of attention, but let me tell you, for some reason Asian people love this kid:) And he loves them right back:) I don't know what I am going to do once he gets older and figures out that people think he's cute and give him stuff. He is going to be spoiled rotten!

Well, I hear the little fellow waking up from his nap now, so I have to run. Sorry this was so random, just trying to catch up on a few things from the last week!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

I love the camo jammies!
We are excited to see you all Thursday and I have been showing Olivia pictures of Ty so she should be able to recognize him.
By the way, I still need you to send me your new address or you can give me directions. Just email them to my Hotmail account.
See you all soon!
PS--Maybe we can do s'mores while we are there. Since we can't have fires here in Texas yet, Olivia hasn't had the chance to experience their yumminess so she would love it :) Plus, it gives the boys a reason to play with fire (like my husband needs a reason; he loves it).

12:55 PM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

"Asian people love this kid." I think that statement just made my day.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Those pictures of Tyson are so cute. He always looks so little in his pictures compared to my 2 year old, but next to his new little cousin...he is such a big boy! They grow up way too fast don't they!
Enjoy your visit with the Simmons, we are looking forward to them as well!

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home