/> SLO in Arkansas: Fall Festivities

Monday, October 27, 2008

Fall Festivities

We have had a whirlwind of things to do this month, and are getting close to getting them all wrapped up! We headed to Nashville this weekend so I could be in a friend's wedding. They were married at the Governor's Mansion outside by the golf course, and it was absolutely beautiful! We were blessed with a perfectly sunny day:) I had such a good time catching up with old friends and spending time with my girls from high school. The picture above is of me and my three best friends from Brentwood. A lot has changed in the past 10 years, and a lot has stayed the same too. We had a ball the whole weekend and Tyson had the time of his life hanging out with my parents. He ran them ragged from what I've heard, but everyone had fun:)
This was taken at the rehearsal dinner, which was held at a winery outside of town. It is owned by Kix Brooks from Brooks and Dunn. I had never been to a winery before, and it was awesome! We were up on the side of a hill and got to watch a magnificent sunset over the vineyards. There were neat huge casks everywhere and fall decorations. And let me just tell you, the pumpkin bread was to die for! Silas and I are now on a mission to find a good pumpkin bread recipe, so if you have one, please let us know!
Our friends from Texas, Brandy and Jonathon and their daughter Olivia, were also able to come and stay one night with us on their way through town. We had fun catching up and visiting a little before we both had to hit the road on Friday. Tyson had fun playing with Olivia and they were so cute running around together. We were also able to build our first fire in the fireplace while they were here, which was fabulous. Silas is already stock piling wood for us so I can have fires whenever I want! I love it:) The grate worked perfectly for keeping the kids away from the fireplace, which was good too. Have I said how much I love fires and fall yet?!?!?
Here is my little man, cute as ever. I can't get enough of this sweet face:) He is teething majorly again this week and I sense some bottom molars coming in the near future. He continues to be busy busy and we have a ball. We left Nashville after the wedding, around 10:30 pm so we could drive at night and let the baby sleep. No such luck! Tyson had been asleep since 8:30 and thought it was time to party. The little booger stayed awake the entire way back to Jonesboro, and we didn't get home until 3:00 am! He watched Veggie Tales for a few hours and cried a little bit, but not too bad. The poor fellow was so tired, but just wanted to sleep in his own bed. For everyone out there whose child will sleep in the car, be so very thankful!! We get about 30 minutes out of him at the most.

Anyway, one more crazy weekend before we have a few calmer ones. We are participating in the Fall Festival at church on Friday, and probably taking Ty Trick-or-Treating around the neighborhood. Then its off to the farm for an all day long outdoor festival on Saturday. Then maybe we can rest! We still need to carve our pumpkin too. So much to do, so little time!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

Lauren... this is the pumpkin bread recipe I love...

3 cups sugar
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
salt to taste
1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp. allspice
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup oil
3 eggs
1 can pumpkin
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Mix wet ingredients
Mix dry
Add dry to wet gradually
Bake 30 minutes at 350.

Hope it turns out good for you...

6:28 AM  
Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

I love seeing those pictures of you girls, now all beautiful ladies! I'm glad ya'll had a good time.
I have a pumpkin bread recipe that's very similar to the one laura posted, so you should try that one!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Olivia looks so silly with that goofy grin on her face (if you could even call it a grin).
It was really great to spend some time with you all. Thanks again for letting us stay with you and hopefully, we can get together sooner rather than later.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home