/> SLO in Arkansas: Tyson's Table

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tyson's Table

There are so many many things that I should be doing right now, but I felt the need to blog, so here goes!! I have been overwhelmed from being sick and getting really behind on everything that needs doing. Now I am trying to play catch up, plus have a super busy work week on top of it all. I am at the point where there is just too much to do and I don't know where to start, so let's just put it all off for a little longer and play on the computer!! I have been wanting to share these pictures of Tyson eating at the table that Silas built for him. Isn't that awesome?!?!? He just came home from work with it one day a few weeks ago and surprised us with it! I love that he is so creative and capable, and happens to work at a place that has tons of scrap wood for him to use:) The top of the table is actually a laminate flooring product, so its really smooth and easy to wipe off. The little benches are adorable, and just the right size for little man. My mom and I actually covered them with some foam padding and soft vinyl while she was here, so now they are super comfy and easy to clean as well. You should have seen my mom and I wielding a heavy duty staple gun and trying to get this vinyl to work!!! There was lots of laughing and luckily nothing got stapled that shouldn't have:) We got it done though,and Tyson is loving it. Doesn't he look so grown up sitting at the table with his plate???!!!
Here is a better picture of the whole table set. Sorry Tyson is making a crazy face! He only sits for a bit, and spends most of the time on the bench on his knees. That is where the padding really comes in handy for him. I love that the table fits right in the corner of the kitchen by our big table, and doesn't take up much room. Tyson usually eats his snacks there, and some lunches. He is still a huge mess when it comes to eating, since he has to do everything himself, so the high chair is still getting lots of good use for now!
Here is a picture of my mom and Ty when they were here to visit. They had such a good time together! Tyson thinks she hung the moon because she is so much fun to play with:) Of course she spoils him rotten and he loves all the attention too. It has been so much fun to watch my parents play with him and him get to know them better. Thanks again for coming mom, and helping me out with babysitting for my meetings!
And last but not least is one of my favorites. I felt adventurous one morning and decided to let Tyson help me bake some brownies. He had a ball!!! He played in that bowl forever, and had a great time licking off the batter from the spoons. Then I moved his chair over to the sink to wash him up, and he stood there and played in the water in the sink for like 20 minutes! He was so upset when I got him down. I think we may have to have some more water play time in the future. Maybe he could wash some dishes while he is at it!

Everything else is trucking along for us. I am very busy working lately and my client caseload has increased quite a bit. I am enjoying it a lot, but just trying to juggle everything gets a little stressful at times. Thank goodness I have the most fabulous husband in the world to help me out. He makes my life so much easier every day in so many ways. My favorite part is coming home in the evenings to a warm crackling fire and the boys playing in the den. It doesn't get much better than that:) I have been enjoying all of my fall decorations, but have felt the twinge of the Christmas spirit creeping in, so I am really excited to pull my stuff out this weekend! I figured I would get the tree put up right before we leave for Thanksgiving and can come home to a festive house. This year should be very interesting with a rambunctious toddler running around. I have a lot of knick-knack Christmasy stuff that I am not sure will survive the season with this kid! Any tips on keeping him from destroying the tree would be welcomed as well:) We are looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with the Orbison family in Texas, but not looking forward to the 8-9 hour car ride. Prayers would be appreciated!!! Hopefully I will get a chance to post my list of things I am thankful for before we leave next week. I hope everyone is enjoying this time of year and looking forward to some good eating and time with family, and football!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

What a great little table! Way to go, Silas! I love it, it's perfect for him:)
PS. I'll call you tomorrow so we can talk longer. Love you!
PPS. Ted helped me make brownies last night and things ended up about the same;)

5:14 PM  
Blogger Robert Channing said...

Yay, Silas! Love the table.

I miss you, Lauren. Wish we could walk, even though it is kinda cold.

Love you guys!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Lauren, Silas and Tyson!!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Hattie said...

I love the table! Being handy with woodworking must run in the family! Mark likes to build things, too. We got all of our Christmas decor put up today. I hope your house feels festive and fun for the holidays!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home