/> SLO in Arkansas: Sister Visit

Monday, October 13, 2008

Sister Visit

I was so excited when my older sister Renee called and said she wanted to come out for a visit this past week! She has not been to Arkansas in several years, and definitely had not seen the new house, so it was perfect:) She brought her youngest little girl, Emily, who is 8 weeks old. We had such a good time visiting and catching up until the wee hours of the morning. The cousins had fun playing too:) Tyson does not quite understand how to be gentle, and poor Emily got smacked in the face a time or two. Sorry!! Tyson loved the baby though and especially playing in her car seat. He seemed like such a big kid compared to little Em.
Renee and I had fun going to a consignment sale here in town two days in a row! We found some good deals and had fun hanging out. Tyson ran around like a wild man as usual, and tried to steal women's infants from them as he would run up and start pushing their strollers away! I definitely got my workout chasing him around, returning babies to their mother's, and apologizing every time he would run someone down with an umbrella stroller! I definitely earn my keep with this kid:)
This is one of my favorite shots of the kiddos. Renee had the great idea to hide behind the couch and hold them up together to get the picture. They are just too cute!
Silas had fun loving on the baby too. What a sweet uncle he is! I was sad when Friday came and Renee had to leave late afternoon, but I was leaving as well to drive to Searcy for the evening. I participated in Race for the Cure on Saturday in Little Rock, and got to catch up with friends from Searcy too. I will do another post for that:) I had a great time with my sis, and we both wished Caroline and Jude could have come too. I hate being so far apart from my sisters, and the times we do get to spend together are so special. I loved catching up when it wasn't a holiday either, since we had no agenda and just got to hang out. That made things easier for sure. I am looking forward to going home for Christmas and getting the whole family together:) I can't wait to snuggle that sweet baby again either!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Man I wish I had been there too. Sigh. You're just so faaaaaaaarrr! Can't wait for Christmas, I'm sure you will recognize Jude's clothes by that point as he plays dress-up in Ty's old stuff. Love u

1:56 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Sounds like you all had a blast.
We are really excited to see you all in just a week!
By the way, I am not packing Olivia's pack 'n play because my mom has one up there I can use so I was wondering if we can borrow yours while we are there?

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home