/> SLO in Arkansas: Blahs

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Blahs

Yeah, I have got the blahs today. I have not been feeling well since last week, and am still trying to shake whatever it is that I have. It feels like a head cold, but its making me miserable. Tyson has an ear infection too, but he has felt a lot better since he started his medicine. My parents were just here for a visit, and it was a very nice distraction having them around! I miss their company already. We had fun shopping and eating out while they were here. Tyson had a ball as usual and was sad to see them go.
Since I don't really have anything creative to write about, this will be a random post of catching up. Here is Silas lighting our first fire in our new house. He was really excited, and so was I!! We have had many fires since this one, and I have loved every minute of it:) The crackling sounds make me so sleepy and relaxed at night, and its the perfect way to end a busy day and wind down (especially with a cup of hot chocolate!).
Tyson took this shot of Silas...can't you tell! He has become obsessed with the camera and doesn't want to be in the pictures, he just wants to play with the camera. Ty is talking more and has started saying things like "movie" and "cheese". Its pretty cute. He is also crazy smart and has figured out how to put a DVD in the player and turn on the TV with the remote! If he can't get it to work, he comes up to me and puts the movie or remote in my hand and says "movie?" I guess I should stop being amazed at what this child can do and start spending my time trying to figure out what he will get into next. It's hard to believe he is only a little over a year old! My mom said this weekend that he seems so grown up and was only a little baby for a minute. It's true. He has the entire sequence down on how to build a fire too. He takes the newspaper over to the fireplace, and throws some little sticks in, and then holds the lighter towards the pile. Don't worry, its a BIC candle lighter that's childproof (and he hasn't figured it out yet). And Silas is always with him while he does this. He is not allowed near the fireplace otherwise. The kid watches EVERYTHING we do and can repeat it with freakish accuracy in most cases. No one prepared me for this part, or at least I didn't think I would have to deal with it so early on! Silas told me the other day he has also learned how to unscrew lids of off bottles. He learned this by practicing on the drain in the tub apparently! He is a very busy little boy who is getting smarter every day.

On a sweet and random note, when I went to pick Ty up from Mother's Day out this week, here is the report I got on how his day went. "Tyson was so sweet today. He did a lot of dancing and hugging." That's my boy. We do dance a lot to music at home and he is an extremely lovable little fellow:) I love those moments.

Anyway, we are just still trying to recover from our busy October and sickness and get ready for all the fun of November. I have managed to squeeze in some Christmas shopping already and that has been fun. We will be heading to Texas for Thanksgiving here soon and I am working on getting myself pumped up for the 8-9 hour car ride with a kid who doesn't sleep in the car:) Yay me!!! Sweet Nibblets, did I really say yay me?!?!? Ok, now my secret is out of the bag!!! I do watch a lot of Disney Channel and am a fan of Hannah Montana and The Suite Life! Yikes!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Mosey said...

Sorry you dont feel good. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I think fires and hot chocolate are supposed to be great cures for pretty much any ailment.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Robert Channing said...

Ty's eyes in that first pic are amazing!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home